Chapter 1- Mates 101

Chapter one- Mates 101

Ryder

"What did you just say?" I heard a man's voice yell angrily.

Mom and dad are following behind him.

"Dad, what just happened?" Venus asks.

Venus Stone. She's so pretty, she has long black hair and electric blue eyes you could just get lost in.

Woah, I have a massive crush on a girl I just met!

"Did you just say 'mate'?" The man I assume is Venus' dad says through clenched teeth.

"Yeah, what does that even mean? mate," I say testing the word out.

"Oh honey, we have a lot to explain to you guys." My mom says while hugging me.

I'm so confused, why is she hugging me like I need comforting?

"No! Are you kidding me?! First, she got her wolf early and now she has a mate early?!" Venus' dad yells angrily.

"Hey! It's not anybody's fault that they got that stuff early nor is it our fault that they are mates. You should be happy, she'll be a great Luna when the time comes." My dad says putting his hand on the man's shoulder.

"Why would I be happy that my TWELVE-year-old daughter has a mate right now?!" He says putting emphasis on the word twelve.

Venus and I are heavily confused and bored of this conversation so we walk into the kitchen.

"So, what's your name? I never got it." Venus asks me with a cute head tilt.

"Oh, my name is Ryder. Ryder Romano," I say putting my hand out so she can shake it.

"Well hi Ryder, um what did your dad mean when he said I'll be a great Luna when the time comes?" She asks with a confused face.

"Well I don't know, I'm gonna be Alpha when I get older. I didn't know you were gonna be a Luna," I say.

"My dad isn't an Alpha and my mom wasn't a Luna so I don't know how I would be one either," she says looking up at the ceiling in thought.

"Hmm, well I think you can become Luna if you marry an Alpha," I say with a sad smile because I want to be the Alpha she marries.

"I'm only twelve, why are they worried about me marrying an Alpha right now?" She asks.

"I don't know, well if you want an alpha to marry... I'll be one soon," I say with a wink as I nudge her.

"Oh um uhh th-thanks for the uhh offer," she says with a cute blush growing on her cheeks.

"Kids! Come in the living room!" I hear my mom yell.

We walk in to see my mom smiling at our intertwined hands, my dad looking at me proudly, and Venus' dad glaring at our hands.

"I can't believe my Caterpillar has a mate!" Venus' dad says groaning.

"What the heck, you have a pet caterpillar?" I ask with a confused face.

"I- no my nickname is Caterpillar." Venus says while facepalming.

"Oh ok, what did you guys call us for?" I ask my mom.

"Honey, do you know what mates are?" My mom asks putting her hand on my shoulder.