chapter 19- just were-witch things

chapter nineteen- just were-witch things

(double update!)

venus

"okay, you can check it now." athena tells me nervously.

okay, i can do this.

i pick up the test with closed eyes. i take a deep breath and...

"i can't do it." i announce.

"what do you mean?" athena asks impatiently.

"i can't do it! one of you look at it!" i throw the test in persephone's hands.

"no! athena you look at it!" she throws it into athena's hands.

"you're both big babies." athena says as she flips the test over and looks at the result.

"what the fuck?" i hear her exclaim.

"what what what? is that a good 'what the fuck?' or a bad 'what the fuck?'" i frantically ask.

"it's a what the fuck does this mean 'what the fuck?'" athena answers and hands me the test.

'error' the test reads.

"what does 'error' mean?" i ask confused.

"it means we wasted our valuable time!" athena groans.

we hear a knock on the door causing us to freeze.

"who is it?" persephone asks softly.

"lesedi." we all let a breath that we didn't know was being held in.

"come in." i say hoarsely.

"hey, i felt distress coming through the pack link. what's wrong?" lesedi says as she enters the room.

"shit, i forgot to cut off the link. sorry, i just haven't been feeling too well and we're trying to figure out why." i explain with a reassuring smile.

after the wedding, lesedi went through the acceptance trials and entered the pack along with her younger brother, elias.

shortly after that, we became friends and elias became friends with the guys.

ryder was hesitant to befriend a half witch/warlock but we all got along very nicely.

"and you think you're pregnant?" lesedi questions with a knowing glance.

"how did you-" my frantic question gets cut off by lesedi.

"you're literally holding a pregnancy test." she answers in a duh tone.

"oh." i mumble and throw the broken test in the garbage.

"i noticed it says error on it. if you want, i can see if you're pregnant. no test needed." lesedi suggests.

"how can you tell?" i ask confused.

"just were-witch things." she smirks smugly and shrugs.

"okay okay, do it!" i exclaim quickly.

"lay down on the bed and lift your shirt up." lesedi instructs me.

"o- okay." i mumble nervously and do as she says.

she places her hand on my stomach and her eyes widen and start glowing purple.

she does this for a couple more seconds and then removes her hand from my stomach and her eyes go back to her normal dark brown ones.

"congratulations! you're pregnant!" she exclaims with a beaming smile.

"really?!" i say in disbelief.