chapter 18- the waiting game

chapter eighteen- the waiting game

(time jump two months)

venus

i hate throwing up.

it hurts so bad and you can't do anything about it.

i flush the toilet and get off the floor in front of it to wash my hands and face.

if you couldn't tell by now, i threw up this morning.

and everyday before that for two months.

ever since ryder and i's wedding day, i've been throwing up and feeling sick all day!

maybe i ate something bad?

maybe it was logan and toby's cake.

no, everyone ate that cake and i'm the only one throwing up.

i haven't told anyone though, they'll just make a mountain out of a mole hill.

but, today i decided to tell logan and toby.

it's gotten too bad not to tell anyone.

i can't tell ryder or else he'll think i'm dying. so i'll tell my ride or die best friends.

***
i knock on logan and toby's bedroom door and patiently wait for them to open it.

"who is it?" i hear from the other side the door.

"venus." i answer causing logan to open the door in only his boxers. "dude, put some clothes on!" i exclaim while covering my eyes.

"my room, my rules." he smirks in accomplishment.

"my pack, my rules." i say causing logan's smirk to fade.

"whatever, what's up?" he asks suddenly concerned.

"can i come in and tell you?" i ask not wanting anyone to overhear our conversation.

"of course." he opens the door wider so i can enter.

we go in and sit on the end of his and toby's bed. toby then walks out of the bathroom ready and dressed for the day. "hey, v! what's up?" he says cheerfully.

"well, i've been throwing up everyday since the wedding. i don't know what happened." i explain.

"oh, did you eat something bad?" toby asks concerned.

"that's what i thought but, it's been two months. i think it would be gone by now if it was food poisoning." i reply.

"hmm, i don't know venus. maybe it's something you keep eating everyday but didn't realize that's what was causing it?" logan suggests.

"no, i've only been eating saltine crackers and drinking water. those are supposed to help you when you throw up." i explain frustrated.

"i really don't know. i'm sorry, v." logan says while rubbing my back.

"don't apologize, guys. i'll go ask athena and persephone." i say referring to my girl best friends.

"okay, make sure to tell us what's wrong when you figure it out." toby smiles reassuringly.

"will do." i say as i close their door and walk to athena's room.

***
"when was the last time you got your period?" athena asks me.

athena, persephone, and i are sitting on athena and apollo's bed trying to figure out why i'm feeling this way.

"uhh, before the wedding. why?" i ask confused.

athena gasps and runs to the bathroom then comes back in with a box. "go pee on this." she demands making me even more confused.

"why? what is it?" i ask looking at the box.

"it's a pregnancy test! go pee on it!" she pleads.

"y- you think i'm p- pregnant?" i stutter nervously.

"yes, please go pee on it venus." she gives me a little push to the bathroom.

"okay okay!" i exclaim and go into the bathroom and close the door.

fuck, i do not need to be pregnant right now.

i'm only 16!

well werewolves usually have babies sooner than humans do.

my mom had me when she was 17!

and ryder's mom had him when she was 16!

it's very common for werewolves to have teen pregnancies.

i just didn't think it was gonna happen to me.

***
"okay we need to check in three minutes." athena says as she sets a timer on her phone.

"this is gonna be the most stressful three minutes of my life." i whisper out nervously.

"how would you feel if you were pregnant?" persephone asks me cautiously.

"i don't know." i say truthfully.

of course i would keep my baby but... i don't know if i'm ready for one.

or if ryder is either.

oh goddess, i didn't even think of how ryder would feel if i was pregnant!

he'd freak out!

wether it was a happy freak out or a nervous freak out, he'd freak out.

"now, all we have to do is play the waiting game." athena says looking at the timer.

yeah, the waiting game.

•••••

😼

what are mates? (editing)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें