chapter 14- threats

chapter fourteen- threats

ryder

"ryder, you have to start taking more responsibility regarding the pack!" my mother shouts at me from the entryway of my office.

"i do take responsibility!" i defend myself.

"not enough. listen honey, you're about to be alpha. like, officially! in a matter of days, you and venus will be officially alpha and luna. you need to be a lot more responsible and kind to get people to respect you." mom tries to reassure me as she rubs my back.

"they do respect me!" i exclaim.

"first of all, do not raise your voice at me young man. second of all, they don't respect you. they fear you." my mom says sternly.

"sorry for raising my voice mother but isn't fear better than respect?" i ask confused.

"no. you want everyone in the pack to think of you as the best alpha in the world. you want them to tell everyone to join your pack and say nice things about you. you don't want them to cower away from you or talk about you behind your back in a bad manner." my mom kisses my forehead and goes to leave but not before saying, "just think about it ryder."

i flop back in my desk chair with a frustrated groan.

"what's wrong babe?" i hear my gorgeous mate venus ask me through our link.

"nothing, my mom is just forcing me to go around the pack and make friends or whatever." i reply curtly.

"i agree with her." venus says softly.

"what do you mean?" i ask confused.

"you should go make nice with the people of the pack. they're going to be the only reason why we can call this place a pack. you should get them on your good side. don't be mean to them and don't instill fear, my love." venus explains quickly before cutting off the link.

maybe i should go make nice.

***
*knock knock*

i hear someone knock on my office door.

"come in." i say angrily annoyed from being interrupted.

in walks a pack guard holding two envelopes. "sorry to interrupt you alpha but someone dressed in a black robes brought letters addressed to you and the luna." he says bowing his head in submission.

"thank you, you can set them down right there." i say pointing to an empty spot on my desk.

he sets them down and exits the room quickly.

i open the letter addressed to me and read it to myself.

dear alpha ryder romano,

you and your precious little mate better watch your backs because we're coming for you.

you won't be able to have your little ceremony to make yourselves alpha and luna.

we've got someone on the inside and help from a whole other species.

watch yourselves.

dearest regards,

alpha and luna of the rogues.

"what the fuck?!" i exclaim in frustration.

"luna venus, beta logan, beta male toby, gamma apollo, gamma female athena, and delta persephone, and delta female angelica please come to my office immediately!" i shout angrily through mind link.