Chapter 2- Mate date

Chapter two- mate date

Double update
•••••
Venus

Currently, Ryder was still showing me around the packhouse and he lead me to where I would be staying.

It was a pretty big room for an Omega so I can't even imagine how big the Alpha and Luna's room is.

Wow.

I'm going to be a Luna.

That's crazy.

Anyway, the room is blank. It's just white walls, white bedding, white carpeting, white bathroom connected to the bedroom. I'm assuming they left it like that so you can have the option to decorate it to your liking.

We walked into my room and sat on the queen-sized bed.

"So um, do you like it here?" Ryder asks awkwardly.

"Yeah! It's way bigger than my old packhouse in the Netherlands." I say.

"Oh, you're from the Netherlands? I'm from Italy but we moved to America for bigger territory options," Ryder says proudly.

"That's why you have that accent, I like it," I say.

"Oh thanks, I like your accent too," Ryder says while scratching his neck.

"Oh, I didn't even realize I had an accent," I say laughing.

"Yeah, it kind of sounds British. That's why I assumed you were from the UK." Ryder says shrugging.

"Lots of people do, don't feel bad," I say with a reassuring smile.

We sat in awkward silence until Ryder broke it.

"So do you want to go and get ice cream? My mom takes me to this ice cream shop that's within walking distance all the time." Ryder says nervously.

"Sure but... is this a date?" I ask starting to blush.

"Well I mean, if you want to put it like that then sure," Ryder says shrugging.

"Okay. It's a date!" I say standing up.

***

My dad ended up taking us so he could keep an eye on us.

Major eye roll.

What the heck are we gonna do? WE'RE TWELVE AND THIRTEEN YEARS OLD!

"So what's your favorite ice cream flavor?" Ryder asks me while walking through the door of the ice cream parlor.

"Hmm... I like strawberry," I say grabbing a cup to put the ice cream in.

"Ew. I like mint chocolate chip, strawberry is disgusting." Ryder says making fun of my favorite flavor.

"Hey! That's not true, it has little strawberry chunks in it!" I say in a defensive tone.

"Exactly, that's why I don't like it," Ryder says in a duh tone.

"Well geesh," I say holding my hands up in mock surrender.

***

It's been 30 mins in the parlor and we've just been talking and getting to know each other.

That is until two boys walk in and make their way towards us.

They look our age.

"Hey, Ryder!" The blonde boy says.

"What's up, dude?" The black-haired boy says.

"Oh hey guys, Venus, these are my best friends. Introduce yourselves guys." Ryder says.