chapter 8- betas and gammas

chapter eight- betas and gammas

apollo

"ROGUES!" we hear a pack member yell.

"shit!" ryder says while getting up and dragging venus with him, "toby, logan you guys are on beta duties as you are officially mated and apollo i need someone to cover gamma duty, will you do the honors?"

"of course i will!" i squeal happily causing athena to giggle beside me.

"alright alright, let's go kill these motherfuckers!" ryder yells as we run out of the room.

***

this is the most tiring thing i've ever done.

we've been fighting these dumb rogues for a while, it's like they're not even trying.

we're easily beating them.

then one of them grabbed venus.

"ahhh!" she screamed loud enough to get ryder's attention.

ryder was in his wolf as venus was not.

ryder ran up to the rogue who got venus and ripped his throat out.

he shifted, put shorts on and helped her inside.

"stop!" i hear a girl's voice screech.

"yes, love?" the alpha rogue asks.

love? his mate?

"this is boring, let's go back home." jennifer says while walking out in just a big white t shirt that she clearly took from her mate.

wait what?! jenny's mate is a rogue?!

"well if you're gonna be wearing that then we can leave right now." the idiot alpha rogue says while smirking.

jennifer giggles, "i will be wearing less than this if we go immediately."

"alright guys, we're leaving!" alpha rogue says while picking jenny up.

"oh and ryder?" jenny says.

"what?" ryder says with a sharp tone.

"i, jennifer azure, break my bond with the silver blood moon pack." she says while
smirking and walking away.

"bye bitch!" venus says while flipping her off.

we all laugh and go into ryder's office for a talk.

***

"apollo and athena?" ryder ask as he sits down in his office chair and putting venus in his lap.

"yeah, alpha?" we say in unison.

"as you know, toby was our gamma. a great one to be exact," ryder says causing toby to smile, "he now is fully mated to logan, who is our beta, so they will both be officially announced as beta and beta male later tonight. we are in need of a trustworthy gamma and gamma female, would you two like the position?" ryder asks us with a hopeful tone.

(a/n: for anyone that's wondering why i add the the gender at the end for one of them and not the other is because the mates of the one who earned to position only get the specification. idk why lol.)

"do you want to babe?" i ask athena through mind link.

"of course i do baby, but i feel like i'll do a bad job." she says sadly.

"no you won't, we'll have each other." i say.

"mmkay. let's do this. i love you." athena says.

"i love you more babe." i say before cutting the link and answering ryder.

"we'll take the position." i say proudly.

"yay!" venus squeals and hugs athena and i.

"great, you'll start gamma training tomorrow. as of now, we need to figure out why these rogues attacked us for no reason." ryder says firmly.

"ooh, ryder is going all alpha on us." angelica says while laughing.

"at your service, alpha ryder." venus says while smirking.

ryder's eyes darken at the name, "venus, you aren't allowed to call me that." ryder says while looking at the ground.

"why not?" venus asks confused.

"because, my wolf is too horny for that." he says while laughing.

"ewwwwww!" we all say in unison.

***

ryder

"baby, i need to talk to you about something." i tell venus as we sit on our bed watching a movie.

"what is it babe?" she asks not taking her eyes off the tv.

"i need to mark you." i say quickly.

she freezes and slowly turns her head towards me.

"what?" she whispers.

"i need to mark you." i repeat.

"I HEARD YOU THE FIRST TIME, BUT WHY?!" she yells.

"that wolf could have killed you, you need my mark as protection from unmated males." i say.

"no, i'm not ready for that ryder." she says while panicking.

"yes you are baby, we've been dating for years! do you not trust me or something?" i ask sadly.

"i trust you with all my heart but... what if silas goes overboard and tries to mate me after you mark me?" she asks nervously.

"if i get him to promise that he will wait until you're ready to mate, will you let me mark you?" i bargain.

she nods.

"dude, you can't mate her yet." i tell silas through the mind link.

"WHY?!" silas screeches.

"because we respect her decisions." i say.

"i guess." he says defeated.

•••••

that's all for chapter eight!

super short, super straight to the point.

i'm writing chapter nine right now.

i can't promise it will be up immediately but i will start writing it!

see ya next time!

bye babes <3

-kay 🦖✨