Chapter 13

no stupid words this time, but thanks for the comments :D hopefully my writing has improved though

Tsunami POV

"You've moped for two days now, c'mon."

"The egg's gone," I lay on the floor facing the ceiling. "I had one job and I failed."

"I mean, I can't argue with that."

"Starflight!" I snapped. "There are some times where you're supposed to contradict  your friends, not agree with them!"

"But you did kind of give your eggs to your irresponsible, immature, untolera–"

I threw a fish and him. Headshot. The fish somehow landed in his mouth and he choked.

"I'm leaving," I announced and did as I said, heading out of the hospital. The nurses all immediately moved out of my way. I guess I have a reputation here now.

Since I had nowhere to go, I swam towards Riptide's house and entered.

"Riptide?" I called. "Hello?"

There was no sound.

"Riptide, stop fooling around!" I yelled. "Where are the eggs!"

No sound. I cautiously entered and walked to where the eggs were.

Oh, no.

The eggs were all gone. Every single one of them, not just one.

I frantically looked around. Suddenly, a scrap of paper caught my attention.

I grabbed the scroll and read it.

If you want your stupid illegitimate eggs back, as well as Riptide, contact me at 12 o'clock today in the Stadium of Seacity. We can hold an exchange.

– Sapphire

Riptide was gone, and being held by the "Sapphire" for a ransom. So were the eggs.

Guess Fatespeaker was right.

❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈

One more minute. The clock ticked. I tensed. Someone moved.

"Come out," I growled.

Silence for a moment. Then.

A dragon stepped out. However, his/her/it's face was covered by a blue veil.

"Sapphire, I presume," I snarled. "Let Riptide go this instant or I'll claw your head off."

"Oh no," it, who seemed to be a she purred, "I can't do that."

Rage rose up in me and I leapt at her, but the dragon simply lifted her paw and I went flying back. She gave a high pitched laugh.

"Aha, it works. That stupid SandWing from the Talons of Power wasn't lying."

I limped around her, glaring, until she put her paw down. I immediately charged again, getting close enough to claw her as soon as my claw reached her flesh I went flying backwards again, this time, smashing onto the ground helplessly and collapsing. There was a resounding crash as both my legs and wings that I landed on were stabbed by overwhelming pain.

I gritted my teeth. "What do you want?"

She smiled wickedly. "You."

Um, what? "Excuse me?"

"Yes, you heard me right. You."

I finally realised what she meant as she smiled cruelly at me.

"You want me in your prison in exchange for my eggs and Riptide to be let out safely?"

The dragon snorted, her smile turning into a sneer. "I have no interest in your nonmarital fools, nor your idiot boyfriend. I don't want them; they have no value to me."

"And if I don't agree?"

"Then." She sneered harder again. "I will continue until not a single dragon you care about is alive."

Fine. "Promise me that if you take me, no one I care about will be hurt in anyway."

"Of course. I'll put all the eggs back where they were, as well as Riptide." Her sneer turned gleeful and she gestured. There was a scuffling noise. A SeaWing carrying a tray came out. There were a big pile of blue rocks on the tray...

...Oh. No. They were eggs. My eggs! What were they doing? 

I tried to leap forward, panic filling me, but a SeaWing had already sneaked up from behind me and bound me. "Don't move or make a sound, you, or I'll snap your neck."

"Wait, Riptide! What about Riptide?"

Sapphire laughed. "Did you really think I would let him go after he betrayed me like that?"

I struggled frantically. My eggs were going to be destroyed. Finally, I felt a sudden sharp stab in my leg. I examined it; a needle was stuck in it. I began feeling dizzy, then collapsed on the ground, vision going blurry. So blurry that eventually only a mess of colours remained.

"Take her away," I faintly heard. "To the Headquarters. I'll deal with her tomorrow morning." A giggle. "Oh, I am going to have so much fun while I gouge out her eyes."

It was the last thing I heard before everything went black and I lost my consciousness.

btw i just went onto the wof wiki and read some random parts bc i haven't read the full series, but i'd say this is set after darkstalker turns into peacemaker. also: is vulture dead and is the talon of peace gone? idk, may have messed up but whatever hope you liked that chatper