Chapter 9 - Murder in the library

Riptide POV

Tsunami's gone. 

The news has been all over the kingdom. The princess renounced her role! The princess refused the husband! The princes did this, did that, did blah blah blah! It's a steady source of gossip.

She's gone and she's not coming back, because what other reason would she come back for?

I sigh and curl up on my bed. Then I think of something and wander to the hospital, going into the ward I used to be in. None of the nurses were there. I wandered up to the hospital chair. I could smell Tsunami's scent on it. Fresh lake water.

I curl up on the hospital bed. Only a few days ago, Tsunami was there, laughing, talking, whispering, mo–

"Sir, what are you doing here?" A cross looking nurse strode in. "The hospital is closed."

I give a resigned sigh and swam back home.

Tsunami's gone.

Tsunami POV 

I fly continuously southwest, until I reach the place where Riptide stalked me. Smiling slightly, I flap down for a rest. 

God, my belly aches. I need lunch.

I went into the ocean and snatched up a unsuspecting fish. Mm, delicious.

Suddenly, I feel sick. I fly back up to the surface as fast as I can. Bad idea. Now I feel even worse. 

I lurch around. Finally, I empty the entire contents of my stomach out.

What the hell? Something I ate?

I sighed. Probably a poisonous fish. I dismissed the thought and flew on, Little did I know I wasn't alone...