Chapter 18 - Attack on JMA

yup, this stupid update took me like half a year – this is just kinda a filler chapter between 17 and 19. chapter 19 will be full of action, hopefully, and make up for this one.

Tsunami POV

"I don't know what I'm supposed to do!" I yelled. Riptide, Clay, Sunny and Moonwatcher were all cowering in the corner.

"Tsunami–"

"Don't tell me to calm down!" I began pacing again, along the now dented circle. "All the parents could ask for their children back! And then all of them'll be vulnerable to attacks as well as all the tribes accusing each other of everything, especially being the murdering tribe. And then all those dragonets are gonna die and the entire of Pyrrhia's going to go to war again!"

"I don't think it's going to escalate that fast–"

I flung a vase of flowers across the room. It immediately shattered, the pieces falling everywhere and the water splashing up, exploding forward.

I then grabbed another one and threw it as well, simply because I couldn't think of another argument.

"Tsunami, please, just stop for a moment and t–"

"We're going to need guards. Guards for the school. Alert the other kingdoms, Sapphire might target them soon. And–"

"Tsunami, stop pacing. You're making a dent in the floor." Riptide sighed.

I looked down. There was a clear rut on the ground; damn it.

"And those vases were expensive," added Clay. "I could have bought, like five birds to eat with that money." I glared, at him, and he hastily added, "Metaphorically. It's a relative statement."

I sighed. "Fine. Let me just check on Winter first, and then we have to strengthen the guards around the mountain. Also, no more outdoor hunting or anything like that either. We have to figure this out."

So we went to Winter's room, where Winter was lying unconscious on a bed. A bandage covered his chest and his talons were covered in...blood?

I cautiously examined the blood. It wasn't IceWing blood, as it was far too dark a blue. It was... SeaWing blood?

I gasped. "It's Sapphire's blood." 

"She's gotten careless this time," Riptide added. "That's good.

"There's nothing good about Winter being almost murdered!" Moon growled.

That's pretty unlike her, from my experience.

"Moon," Winter suddenly muttered. Everyone froze, except for Moon, who began crying.

I coughed awkwardly and passed her a tissue, then whispered to Sunny, "Did something happen to her?" Sunny lent over to whisper in my ear. "She's not had an easy week, first Winter being stabbed and then she and Qibli having an argument...not a big one, of course, Qibli loves Moon, but still." Sunny then ushered Moon out while I turned to winter again

"Anemone almost threw a fit, I think. When Winter was attacked."

"Anemone? Throwing a fit over Winter?" I snorted in disbelief. "That's new."

"Actually. I believe she was actually worried about how half of her treasure was gone and if the scavengers died, then it would be a waste," Riptide put in. I chuckled. "That's sounds more like her."

I then turned around and began pacing again. "If there was some way to lure Sapphire somehow... and then catch her..."

Suddenly, another bird flew out of nowhere and began chirping loudly. Clay jumped back with a yell, Riptide growled and got ready to pounce while I grabbed the bird out of the air. Again, tied to its leg was a message. I absentmindedly tossed the bird aside. Then gasped.

"Riptide – Mother has been attacked! There were guards at her room and she still got stabbed!" I then sighed with relief at the next passage. "She's fine though, she managed to claw the attacked and escape..."

A loud squawk interrupted me, and I looked up to see the bird vanished, then glared at Clay. As expected, the bird was already being eaten. Clay gave me a guilty look, dropped the bird and chuckled awkwardly. "Hehe..."

I sighed. "There's not much I can do here. Just make sure that Winter's fine. No more hunts outside, as I said, and make sure to get people to guard JMA."

"Got it." 

Me and Riptide nodded, then both jumped out, exiting JMA and heading back to the Sea Palace.