Chapter 14 - Escape from Sapphire

Tsunami POV

I woke up in a prison.

Well, you probably couldn't even call it a prison; it was just a stone cube, really. There wasn't even a door; at least not a visible one. Maybe there was a hidden one.

I looked around for escapes, which didn't seem to exist, obviously, in a hollow stone cube with nothing.

Suddenly, a part in the stone turned on its hinges.

Called it, a secret hidden door.

Sapphire stepped in – at least I assume it was Sapphire, she still had the veil – and smirked at me. "I don't know what you were thinking when you agreed to come. What did you think I wanted to do, use you for ransom?"

I glared at her and opened my mouth. Only then did I find that I was gagged and chained.

Sapphire chuckled. "You have no idea what I'm going to do with you, so I'll get to doing. Oh, this is going to be fun!"

She pulled out a sharp, five-ridged narwhale spear and held it towards me. I looked at it in alarm. The spear gleamed with sharpness and magic.

"Having second thoughts about saving your brats instead of yourself when you had the chance? Well, it's too late. I'm going to show you what pain really is."

She held the narwhale spear and pointed it at me. I growled as she edged it closer, to where my wings met my body. She pushed it towards it.

The point pierced.

I tried to scream, but my screams were muffled in the gag.

Pain. Pain like I've never felt before. Agony. A burning sensation. I tried to scream again. My vision went dark.

I could feel my muscles being ripped and torn into pieces. My screaming became a instinct and everything faded away except for the pain.

Then, the pain faded slightly. Only slightly enough for me to regain my senses. My vision was blurry and kept disorting, everything was spinning around me, but at least I could sense.

"I'm sorry, but none of that, SeaWing."

"You promised me I could do what I wanted to do with her!"

"We promised that you could, as long as you kept her alive. We need her for...further uses."

"But you promised! Besides, it's not anything that's going to murder her, it's just a little bit of torture with a five-ridged spear that's enchanted to inflict as much pain as possible..."

"Yes, of course, that's totally not going to kill anyone." Sapphire's companion's sarcastic voice drifted over, and even in my half dead state I almost chuckled. I would have if I wasn't still trying to stop screaming into my gag. Very unsuccessfully.

"We can't take any risks; his Lordship will kill us if we kill her. We need her to use against Coral."

Which probably wouldn't work, thinking about the bad terms I had left with my mother. And who was this Lordship?

Sapphire gave a frustrated huff. "Fine. But I get to do what I want afterwards."

"Of course."

Suddenly, another voice sounded. "Actually, that will not be happening."

Why did that voice sound so familiar? Was it someone I knew?

My vision had become clearer, even though everything was still blurry. The wound was no longer agonisingly painful like a hundred knifes carving into my brain as it had been, but as I turned to look at it, I could see blood was still pouring out, like a waterfall from a underground lake. Purple-ish blood covered the floor and leaked everywhere.