Chapter 26

just realised since they're underwater they can't speak so i'll have to change it to 

As soon as we began banging on the gates, there were cries of alarm. The gates shuddered as the battering ram smashed into it repeatedly. Hurried cries, panicked shouts. Dragon claws clattered on the ground from within the walls, but before they ever reached the gates, another clamour started and from within, clatters of the metal in armour and weapons sounded, followed by the noise of battle. Claws, swords, armour clanging. The distraction was working, leaving few soldiers at the gate. In a few minutes, the gate began to creak and the the top fell off the hinge, tilting inwards and downwards. The shouts of alarm didn't change, as if they hadn't noticed, although it may have been due to the fact the distraction Squad was still fighting furiously.

A few more minutes and another knuckle of the gate had detached itself from the hinge.

This is taking ages, I complained with flashing scales. Isn't there a faster way? I asked, trying to distract myself from feeling guilty about the slaughter that was happening inside. I had no idea why I even felt guilty! Before, I'd had no problem with killing dragons, sometimes even with killing innocents. But perhaps my view of the world had changed significantly, with Sapphire's story.

No, and this is with the newly developed rams which focus pressure on the hinge. In fact, not only is it the latest science, I believe the magic from one of the ancient artefacts was sent into it as well, Shark snarled. Before it would have taken hours. Now, at best, it'll take half an hour.

The ram continued to bang against the gate.

Why can't the people inside just open the gates up for us?"I frowned.

Shark sighed. You have no patience. Those without patience will fail in all warfare. I scowled at him. They are a distraction, that is why. We do not only want to hit them once and run. We want to ruin their chances of continuing to battle. Henceforth, Squad Two is ruining their supplies.

So how is destroying the door helping? I frowned.

Because the material to make sturdy doors underwater that can withstand such pressure of the ocean is both rare, expensive and limited. Shark responded. Without it, they'll never recover their gate and will have to abandon this fort.

Then the silence ensued again as the ram was plunged into the gate repeatedly. Finally, after an arduous sixteen minutes, the door collapsed inwards, and the soldiers, as well as water, rushed inwards. Of course, the water wasn't a bother for the SeaWings but it still surprised them and stunned them long enough for our soldiers to make quick work of them. Finally, I stood upon a battlefield of soldiers.

"Where is Typhoon?" Coral demanded immediately to one of the soldiers that had searched the camp.

"F-forgive me, Your Majesty. Typhoon wasn't there, and nor were any of his closest advisors. I  believe he somehow managed to get word of our approach. 

Mother looked ready to explode with fury. I prepared to drag the soldier away from her grasp, but then another soldier ran over, followed by...the Princes. Mother's attention was completely distracted from the soldier and moved immediately to the princes.

"We have found the Princes, your Majesty." the soldier bowed.

"Excellent! We have found the princes!" She shouted to the other soldiers, who cheered. "Good job, You and your squad will be rewarded." she said to the soldier, then turned away from the princes, striding with the army following her, ignoring the princes as usual. I walked over, followed by Riptide.

"What happened?" I asked one of them. Yeah, I knew none of their names. Give me a break, okay? I have thirty two brothers. 

One of them shrugged. "We were out hunting for fish, when we were captured by Typhoon. I never trusted him. and I was right. Not only is he not to be trusted, he's insane."

"They put us into a cell," another said. "They told us they were waiting for the Queen and that if Mother didn't give up the throne for that deranged self entitled princess, then we'd be dead. Not that mother'd really care," he humphed.

The first one interrupted. "I tell you, Typhoon's insane. Didn't you hear the guard talking about him? He wants to reincarnate Whirlpool, his dead brother, by pulling his ghost over and then crowning him. What sort of depraved lunacy is that?"

I gasped. So my theory had been right. Typhoon did indeed want to revive Whirlpool and crown him. And the book's mentioning of ghosts was indeed right.

"So...how close were they to completing it?" Riptide put in.

The first one looked at him as if he were insane. "It's an impossible task. Of course they were nowhere close to doing it. The guard was preparing to leave because he thought the organisation was meaningless. I think they executed them for that. That's how unreasonable that maniac lord is!" he ranted. Riptide stepped away cautiously. I didn't bother with caution, I turned and strode away. 

"So he wants to reincarnate Whirlpool," Riptide's tone sounded as worried as I felt. Was it such a big problem that it was impossible to deal with? No. But the prospect of reincarnation...

"It's fine, Tsunami," Riptide, seeing my look, reassured. "We'll deal with this like we dealt with a war involving the entire of Pyrrhia."

"I guess," I sighed. Riptide briefly pressed his nose to mine, then leapt in the water, flushing, and began swimming. I smiled and followed him, into the open ocean.

next update probably going to be in a week ._. i know, i'm slow and terrible at updating, i'll try getting it out earlier but probably don't expect anything