Chapter 7 - Take the husband!

Tsunami POV

What do I say?
"I...I...I,"
No. I don't want to. No. No.
"I...I can't."

There is silence.

Then gasps of shock come from around the guests. I glance around. My mother is still with shock, mouth open and staring at me with horror. Shark is glaring at me furiously. I slowly take a step away from Typhoon.

Shark grabs me and drags me away, back in the palace. My mother follows, adding to the crowd, "I'm afraid my daughter is a bit under the weather today! So sorry, so sorry, don't worry, we'll talk to her, she'll be back when–"

"Her temperament sweetens." growled Shark. We reach the palace and Shark flings me onto the floor. It hurts, but I bite my lip.

"Tsunami, sweetheart–" my mother began, but then stopped, clearly unsure how to proceed.

Shark growled. "That esteemed young gentleman payed a fortune in dowry for your hand in marriage! Do you know how valuable their support is?"

Anger rises in me.

"Dowry? Support? So I'm just a bargaining tool now, am I?"

"You are a princess, and you shall behave like such by marrying a noble suitor chosen by your mother, the queen!"

"Precisely!" I yell. "I'm a princess, not a product to be sold in exchange for something, and if I'm not treated better, I shall leave this kingdom forever! The only reason I'm here is because I'm passing by, so I decided to spend some time with my siblings! But now, I can't even visit my family without being forced into marriage!"

"Some would say it's your job to produce heirs, which it is! We've given you free rein for far too long! We gave you FOUR days to prepare, even though the wedding has been ready for FOUR YEARS! You cannot ask for more!"

I roar. Guards regard me with terror and sprint out of the room until only me, my mother and my uncle are still in the room.

"Tsunami," my mother begins, but I've lost my temper completely.

"No!" I roar. "I will NOT be treated like a slave! That's how you're treating me like!"

"Tsunami, I'm sure you'll see–"

"I will see NOTHING, because I'm LEAVING! Do you understand? I renounce my role as princess and renounce my part as the royal family!"

Shark and Coral both gasp.

"Tsunami! Wait!"

Shark's harsh tones rise over my mothers. "You shall not leave nor renounce your claim to anything! Guards, seize her!"

Guards all regard me with terror as I sprint to the exit. Finally, a huge, brawny guard grabs me off track. I bite his paw and he shrieks. All the other guards immediately bolt and I sprint out into the water, swimming away. My life as a princess in the palace was over. I swam away, vowing to never return again, not if everyone kneeled and begged me to.

Suddenly, a flash in the shadows.

The glint of a sapphire knife.

Riptide POV

The nurses are gone. The ward is gone. The white walls are gone. The white, clean bed is gone. I'm finally out of hospital. But strangely, I don't feel like I expected.

My house looks exactly the same, but yet something seems to be wrong. I feel as if I'm being...watched?

Suddenly, I see a flash of blue in the corner of my eye.

A sapphire blade.