Chapter 5 - Typhoon is a cute blue RainWing

Tsunami POV
Urgh. More wedding. URGH.
I want whack that fake smile off Typhoon's face. He's such a hypocrite.
Riptide comes out of hospital tomorrow.
It's still a week till the wedding, so I'm not bothering yet. It's a wonder we have any guests. Probably only people like Moray.
The wedding cake has been 'improved'. It now looks like a huge squid with rotten blueberries on top. I do not look like that. I am much more better looking, thank you. Even Typhoon looks better than that. This is an insult to SeaWings.
Who made the cake? I must remember to punish them.
Anemone sprinted by and flashed... what!
She giggled, Do it, she flashed.
Fine. Here comes Typhoon.
You are a cute blue RainWing!
Run, now, Tsunami. For your own good.

Riptide POV
I think the Nurse has finally cracked. She rushed out sobbing a minute ago. Can't say I'm sorry.
Poor Tsunami, she's got to put up with Coral's fussing for the wedding. And for Typhoon's wedding.
In a week Typhoon will expect his talons to be cut by Tsunami and his fish to be ready on his table precisely punctually. Tsunami has no sense of time. Poor her.
The nurse has come back, but she looks like she's about to run. I think I might have went to far.

Tsunami POV
I swim away as fast as I can. I've been excused by Mother from this boring wedding preparation. She thinks I'm going to visit some 'high-up officer' who's ill. Wrong. I'm not. I've just heard that Clay, Peril and Sunny have dropped by. I need a therapist so I can a) ask them about how boyfriends are supposed to behave and b) ask them how to STAND THIS STUPID WEDDING. I'm definitely going to be mad when it's over. They (mother and co.) could have at least chosen a not so stupid dress.
Right. They said they'd be on that island with the brown-ball trees. What scavengers call 'coconuts'.
"Hi," said Clay, bopping open a 'coconut'. He always has to chew something. Of course. And Sunny is climbing trees. I can't see the point of it.
"Good to see you guys, mother's driving me CRAZY."
"What's she done now?"
"She's trying to organise a WEDDING with Whirlpool's BROTHER."
"I have no idea who Whirlpool and his brother are, but they sound bad. Were they the people who Clay said liked Starflight reciting boring stuff?" Peril asked.
"Bad. Bad. BAD. Worse than Starflight and all 'high up'."
"Ok, yeah. I get it."
"Anyway, I need help, guys. I need to get out of this wedding. I need a way to kill him!"
"And you want us to hide the evidence? No problem. This is my line!" Peril brandished her claws.
Clay rubbed his forehead in a very why-do-I-like-her way. Or, so I interpreted.
"Peril, stop it. We're not murdering anyone."
"Yes we are!" I immediately corrected.
Clay sighed. "We shouldn't."
"Why not?"
"Becuase– oh, never mind," He threw a coconut at me, then looked remorseful for wasting a perfectly good coconut. I chuckled.

❈❈❈

After an hour, I swim back to summer palace through a tunnel. Suddenly, I hear a clang and I freeze.
It came again... clang...
Suddenly, someone — or something pounces on me. I know it can't be Whirlpool this time, because he's dead.
So who is it?
I fight back. This someone — something doesn't have armour. But as I scratch his/her/its arm, I grab a knife and attempt to disarm. After a struggle, I manage to grab the knife, stab the person once and swim away as fast as I can.
I swim to the first place I can think of, which happens to be the hospital. Inside, I dash to Riptide's ward, despite the nurses' screeching about blood and injury and making a mess on the floor.

"Riptide?"

Riptide looked up and changed his gloomy face to a more positive face. That is, until he saw me.

"What's wrong?" Riptide requested gently.

"Someone just tried to murder me."