Chapter 17 - Sapphire's fourth attack

Tsunami POV 

"I have no idea why Glory called us." I grumbled. "And why she sent such a optimistic, gullible, naive and bright blue-pink chatterbox as a messenger."

"C'mon, it's not that bad. You just need a nap." Riptide reassured. Or more like contradicted.

"I don't need a nap."

"Yes you do. Yesterday you were up until 4 am panicking."

"Hey! If I remember correctly, that was you!"

Riptide snorted in disbelief. I replied by flicking him with my tail.

"Anyway, at least it's not one of his super excited and exuberant days. He's probably miserable today."

"This is miserable?!" I almost yelled.

"We're here!" Jambu announced, landed and began nervously pawing the ground. I looked around, glancing at the scenery of the forest, then dived, landing on the grassy shores. The lighter-blue, shallow water rippled as Riptide plunged into it, splashing me and Jambu. Jambu's scales flickered to a even bluer colour.

"Okay. Where next?"  I asked as Riptide crawled out, shaking water everywhere. 

"I need to take you to the Queen. Follow me." Jambu declared and pulled us along. RainWings were wandering around everywhere, colorful flashes surrounding the green trees. Fat treehouses with multiple floors sat around amongst trees with heavy hammocks hanging down. Colorful flora covered many of the trees, with sunlight pouring through the leaves. Finally, we reached Glory's tree. I stepped in and gave a start.

Glory was collapsed on the hammock staring at the ceiling with her eyes closed resignedly. But that wasn't what surprised me; what surprised me was her fully blue-gray scales. Swirling patches of dark gray and light blue were randomly mixed in. Her ruff was a deep dark purple and spots of white dappled her flank, growing larger as they scattered over her tail until the tip was white. Glory typically kept her scales green.

"Glory, are you okay?" I immediately asked without actually teasing or prodding her like usual.

"No! Deathbringer is dying! How could I be okay!" Glory shrieked. I winced and covered my ears. I'd never heard Glory shriek before, but the sound was high pitched and shrill, piercing my ears to pieces. It was so shrill that I didn't even understand it for a moment before I finally got what she said.

"Wait, what? Deathbringer's dying?"

Glory responded by throwing a glow-in-the-dark moth that sat on a night orchid at me. As in: she threw the night orchid. The moth immediately got flung off and drifted to the ground, then flapping up again, surprised and a bit dizzy, getting hit by the wall of the treehouse before flying out again.

"Actually, your Majesty–"

"Get the hell out of my house and leave me alone!"

Jambu gave us regretful looks. "Sorry about this. I tried calling Clay and Sunny, but they've both got their hands full in trying to manage the school. Oh, right; Clay said that he'd rather go to Sea Kingdom to investigate the murder rather than be headmaster any longer."

Tough luck. Like my mother would allow that.

"No problem." I replied and strode into the room. "Glory, what happened? How is Deathbringer dying? He's a bodyguard, he should have no problem."

Glory snorted, and a slight bit of yellow sneaked into her ruff. "He's a self appointed bodyguard with no qualifications," she corrected.

I ignored her. "What happened?"