Chapter 16: Family Business

Onika's Apartment
Brooklyn, New York 
3:23pm

"Babe hurry up!" Beyoncé called out from the bedroom

"I'm almost done-" 

"You've been saying that for the past hour! My stomach is touching my back b." 

"Girl you're not starving!" I laughed while putting on my gold earrings. "Baby can you grab my coat out of the closet for me?" 

This Thanksgiving didn't hype my spirit in any sort and was not full of charisma. My children and I were accustomed to not celebrating holidays especially since it brought anything but good memories. 

In such a short notice our tedious plans were switched to spending the evening with Bey's family and her demented, arrogant friends. 

"Bae did you hear-" I walked out of the bathroom and slowed my pace down.

Big and small tales were slouching on the storage bench playing video games! They weren't dressed yet I'm the one being rushed!?

"Babe!" I whined. "You're suppose to be dress and where is my coat?"

"Gimme a sec mamas."

I leaned on the archway, folding my arms over my chest and glowered at them. Khalil didn't have his shirt nor shoes on tailing behind her.

"Beyoncé." I said sternly.

"Ooh in your face kid!" She cheered.

"That ain't nothing!" Khalil smacked his lips and stood up right along with her.

"Beyoncé!" I raised my voice loud enough for her to glance and wave at me.

I frowned and marched toward the television set snatching all of the cords out. Both of them groan and sucked their teeth.

"Aw come on Mama, we're almost-"

I glared at him and he quickly threw his hands up bolting out of the room. Bey let out a soft chuckle grabbing her blazer.

"Make sure your sister is dressed too!"

I redirected my attention on her who was lounging around the bedroom putting on her chains. A low chuckle pushed out of my lips.

"What's funny?"

"Take a look in the mirror."