Chapter 34: Mo Money Mo Problems

"Queen" Knowles.

7:06am

My eyes slowly fluttered opened at the sound of vacuum and lawnmowers

My eyes slowly fluttered opened at the sound of vacuum and lawnmowers. I sat up and glanced at the messy room, letting out a soft groan.

There were empty beer bottles, plates decorating the floor and candy wrappers on the nightstand. I barely got any sleep and my back was killing me.

"House cleaning!"

I heard a voice and soon somebody was knocking hard on the room door. "Hold on!" I threw on my boxers and a wife beater then left out.

"Goodmorning Ms. Knowles."

"S'up Glenn." I said hoarsely, rubbing my belly, and trotted downstairs.

Housekeepers were putting their hands to good use but in a obnoxious manner. They moved very quickly, throwing away plates and plastic cups.

"Aye, take that shit elsewhere!"

The workers began to move to the other side of the mansion when I entered the kitchen. Ma was finishing up breakfast and went to grab another piece of bacon.

"What you cook?"

"I made ME some eggs and bacon."

"Damn. It's like that?" I cackled.

"Girl you got two arms and two legs. I suggest you put em' to use." She grumbled.

I took a seat at the island and grabbed some grapes out of the fruit basket. Ma slid my phone to me then packed her meal for bible study.

"That girl left an hour ago."

"Yeah?"

Soon as I pressed the power button, my recent messages popped up on the screen. I groaned, searching through my recent history and call log.

"Mhm. Nicki told me to give it to you." Ma shook her head, laughing. "It's been ringing off the hook all night, irking my everlasting nerves."

"Did shorty– like you know go threw it?"

"How would I know? That's between you, her, and the Lord almighty himself. I try to stay out of it."

"Tuh. I find that hard to be believe." I scoffed.

"What is there not to believe?"