Chapter 45: Armed And Dangerous III

Onika Maraj.

The door opened then closed, startling me out of my light slumber. She dragged her feet to the restroom. I squinted my eyes, yawning deeply.

She shut the door. I soon heard the shower running along with cabinets slamming. The cold silence was ultimately a giveway that something was wrong.

I read the time. 3:43am

"Babe?"

No response.

"Is everything alright? Baby?" I reiterated.

Still nothing.

From the moment she walked in the atmosphere shifted in a bad way. Too gloomy. What once felt warm bubbly didn't exist anymore. It felt cold. Dead even.

What the hell happened?

Two hours spent in the shower before Bey strolled out of the bathroom. Even then no words exchanged. She climbed in bed and laid behind me.

I felt her hand on my small pudge.

Bey snuggled up against me, laying her head in the nape of my neck. She was slightly twitching. It was disheartening to hear her silent wepts.

Her heart was wounded in a way.

"You want to talk about it?" I whispered.

She held me so close that I could hear the wet tears slipping from her eyes. Yet no words. I pulled the covers over us and entwined our fingers together.

Something definitely failed through ...

-•-

9:37am

"Goodmorning."

"Goodmorning." I greeted one of the maids while stalking inside the dining-room. "Morning."

"Goodmorning hun." Mrs. Davenport waved.

I was surprised that I didn't get lost in this big maze that was called a home. It was a three-story, carrying atleast nine baths and twelve bedrooms.

The fifty-thousand square feet home was surrounded by oak trees. Fishing lakes too. The ancient adobe was slight dull if I was to be completely honest.

There wasn't any wild factor. Just simply an old fashioned, well kept house with outdoor activities. Certainly what the pad lacked, the swingers made up for it.

"Do you sleep well?"

"Oh yes ma'am." I faked a smile.