Chapter 23: Jingle Bell Rock

Onika's Apartment
24 Dec 2017

3:15am

"Psst. Bebe?"

"Bebe?" She whispered again.

I fluttered my eyes, rubbing my face and turned to the right. Mya stood there in her blue onesie with her teddy bear in hand.

"What you're doing up bug?"

"There's monsters under my bed."

"Monsters under your bed?" I reiterated.

She nodded. "Can you make them go away bebe?"

I glanced at Nicki, whom was sprawled out on the other side of the bed. Her hand rested on my side as she slept peacefully.

"Come on Munchkin." I yawned, rising to my feet, and trailed behind her room.

She stood in the hallway as I pretended to search for the "monsters." I checked underneath the bed, closet, and dressers.

"They're all gone ladybug."

"You sure?"

I smiled. "Positive. Now come to bed."

She rectulantly stepped inside of the bedroom and climbed into bed. I laid beside her, gently rubbing her tiny back.

"Bebe?"

"Yes bug?"

"Is Meek going to take us away from mommy?"

"Of course not sweetheart." I cooed. "Nobody will take y'all away from mommy–"

"Or you?" She inquired.

I softly chuckled. "Or me. I'm going to be right by y'all side forever and ever."

"You promise?" She asked, extending her widdle pinky out to me. "Promise?"

I wrapped my pinky around hers and pressed my lips against her forehead. "Promise."

"I love you bebe.." She muttered.

Soon she drifted off to sleep and light snores were heard throughout the home. I placed the blankets over her and rose up.

"I love you too munckin."

I closed their door behind me and retreated to the living room. I grabbed my phone off the nightstand and sat on the couch.

Kia🥀: You pushing it b
Kia🥀: I'll have it deliver it to you early morning.

: Cool. I'll pick up the tab.

Cableguy📺: She just left the airport.
Cableguy📺: No company.

: Good. Take out the trash 🗑

I threw my phone on the couch and turned on the television. I propped my legs up on the coffee table and stared in space.