Chapter 41: Shake The Room

Onika Maraj.
Lambert Private Clinic
8:07am

"Goodmorning Ms. Maraj."

I quickly turned over to the side and wrapped my arms around me. Nurse Judy sighed, placing the ham & cheese crossiant on the nightstand.

"You got to eat something hun."

"I'm not hungry."

"But I'm sure that baby is. I understand you are really in a dark spot but things will brighten up soon."

"I've been hearing that since a child." I mumbled.

"Maybe it's time to start believing it hun."

She finished placing my silverware and grape juice on the stand before exiting the room. I let out a breath that I was unaware of holding in.

Tears swarmed my eyes as my lips began to quiver, trying to process everything in mind. Good people sure do ache while the bad ones keeps winning.

Robert was bad, bad man. This was a fact but it wasn't my call to kill him. I did something awful but that's not what kept me up all night.

No.

Not the deed itself. But realizing I'm capable of doing something like that scared me. I wished they all would've left me alone. 

"I'm trying." I whispered while gently rubbing my hand up and down my belly. "God. I'm trying so baby."

-•

"Queen" Knowles.

I kicked my foot up on the table and turned the volume up to drown out her screams. 'Sanford And Son' re-runs never seems to get old.

That man Red Foxx was a real eager beaver, sure cracked me up all the time. Yet the old coot wasn't loud enough to override the noise in the background.

"Ay put a muzzle on that bitch mouth."

Chris slid his fist across her face again and again til a tooth fell out. They've been working her face like an old factory machine for the last past hours.

Still no information was given. 

The old hag had heart. I'd give her that. In fact if the shoe was on the other foot, I wouldn't crack either. Tell you the truth, I rather beg for a bullet to be put in my skull. 

But things were absolutely different. I didnt go searching for trouble with her son. He started it when he put his hand in places that did not belong to him.

So I have to kill him. Not only because of his nasty desires for her but the harm he brought to my child. So if it meant destroying innocence then so be it.

"P-Please! Please–"

"Bitch quit begging man." I snarled.

Her pleading cries turned into agnony groans when a fist connected to her already bruised ribcage. Another forced a shorten of breath.

One more and a silent scream of pain tore from her throat, causing her whole body to clench. Afterwhile, the scream came to a end. She simply soaked her face with tears and waited for the next explosion of pain.