Chapter 21: Wicked Games

Times Square.

I bypassed groups amongst groups of people and sat down at the brown bench. I soon felt someone scoot closer to me and rolled my eyes.

"You would pick some crowded ass spot–"

"Look straight." She interrupted. "I didn't pick any place but one that's safe."

"Oh How's that?" I deadpanned.

"You're starting to grab attention from the upper classmen such as the C.I.A. and other government officials which means less cameras. We're seated at a bench where cameras aren't face directly and if there are, it's too many people than to worry so much about friends having a normal conversation so catch up."

"Friends huh?" I laughed. "Hmph. I don't recall my 'friends' shooting me in the leg."

"It wasn't personal. I was on a job and you decided to jump in my shot. Beside, you weren't my target so be grateful."

"And how you figured?"

"You're still breathing, aren't you?"

I sucked my teeth. "You got the package?"

"Ah. Usually when friends reconnect and meet up, they ask about family, jobs homes. Business come last not first."

"We're not ordinary friends." I smirked.

Kia chuckled. "Here."

She slipped a white envelope in my hand and stop me from opening it. "Not here."

"So what we're looking at?"

"Not all rumors are lies." Kia replied."Stanley men initiated that hit on the market."

"Cool. I'll start gathering my men–"

She placed her hand in front of my torso and stopped me from leaving. "Hold your horses. The order was not issued by him hearsay."

I raised a brow. "Keep talking .."

"Stanley was offered a pretty penny to bomb that store with people inside. It was set out to be a little shake n bake but no one dies.

A few days prior before the big bang, those bombs were swapped to something lethal. Stanley's men claimed to obvious to this information. I did some more research, digging and found out that two men got hold of the store's blueprint and swapped out the old bombs for something lethal.

There was a secret transaction made a week prior to the explosion and left one heated. Guy stormed off and left his dude to strike another proposition and clean up his tracks.

Only Stanley and stupid number one is caught on tape while the other–"

"–Is left unseen and unheard-of." I finshed.

"Do the name Robert rings a bell by any chance?"

"I know a couple."

"Well this particular one has a child with the lady you're screwing. He's also the dude that was last seen with Stanley and Jane Duo."