Chapter 25: Upside-Down

"Queen" Knowles.

12:08am

I walked up to the door and desperately fetched for the house keys. The door cracked opened, revealing Selena in a cami nightdress.

"You finally found your way home."

"Neva was lost." I said coolly, brushing my shoulders against hers while heading inside.

"Dinner is in the microwave." She chirped.

"Cool."

I flung my keys in the oval bowl and proceeded to the stairs that led to our room. Selena let a low chuckle which made me stop dead in my tracks.

"Wow

"Wow. So that's how it's going to be?"

"What more is there left to say?" I inquired.

"Geez. I don't know, maybe start with the basics, ask how my day was? what it been like adjusting over these years all alone Hm?" She deadpanned.

"You're so over your head girl to think I'll-"

"I've heard a lot about you. In fact I thought I'll never hear the day about you losing your mind over some bitch that's only half of me!"

I let out a cold laugh, flicking my nose, while invading her space once more. "She's not some bitch. She's my woman so control your hormones."

"Same shit if you ask me." She sassed.

"A bitch is just a flunky that I use to get my nut off. There's no attachment. Just a transaction, sorta like strayed dogs doing any tricks for a bone. MY WOMAN is soon-to-be my soulmate and doesn't need to seek attention. She's also the sunshine on my life." I clarified.

"Wow. So dreaming." Selena said, clapping her hands and rolling her eyes. "That's so touching."

"Honestly, what are doing here Selena?"

"What I'm doing here? I didn't know I had to check in with you in order to travel to my city!"

I bobbed my head. "Goodnight Selena."

I turned around and proceeded upstairs to the bedroom, shrugging my shoulders. Everyone else was either sleep or in the hookah lounge.

"I bet it's easy to forget about us?" She hollered.

"There was never an 'US', remember?" I called out.