chapter 4

Next morning, I woke up with a little headache, not going to lie. I checked my phone and saw that it was almost noon. Then, I decided that I should get dressed and check on Sophia. I went to the kitchen and saw Sophia cooking something.

"Morning, sleeping beauty! How's your head?" She asked jokingly

"I'm not going to drink for a while. It's not worth it." I said rubbing my temple.

"Sure, whatever you say." She said turning around handing me a plate full of fruits and a cup of water. "Eat this, it'll help. Also, have you talked to Damiano yet?" She asked me, sitting down.

"Uh, no." I said eating a piece of mango.

"He was really sad yesterday when you left." She said looking at me with pleading eyes.

"I admit, I was too harsh on him yesterday. I shouldn't have been so mean." I said sighing.

"Did you really think he was gonna be like 'oh yeah, by the way I'm the vocalist of a famous worldwide band'? No, of course not! That's not how it goes." She said rolling her eyes.

"I know... I was just sad that he wasn't the one telling me. I would find out eventually." I said taking a sip of water.

"Yeah, probably." She said taking a sip from a cup of water.

Then we started talking about what we were going to do while in Rome until our doorbell rang.

"Can you get that?" I asked her while eating a piece of kiwi.

"Sure." She said getting up and walking to the door. "Uh, Kate? I think it's for you." I heard her say. I then turned around just to see Damiano at the door.

"Damiano? What are you doing here?" I asked him while walking towards the door.

"I was wondering if we could talk. I also got you these." He said showing his right arm that was before behind his back, holding a sunflower branch. Oh my, he remembered.

"You remembered." I said still looking at the sunflowers.

"I did. I mean, how could I forget? You're the only person I know that has a weird obsession with sunflowers." He said smiling lightly.

"It's not weird!" I said almost breaking a smile.

"It is, but it's also cute, so don't worry about it." He said, still looking down at me. I immediately felt my cheeks heat up.

"Let's go to my room." I said opening more the door so he could come in.

I went to my bedroom and he followed me. As he closed the door, I sat on my bed looking at him.

"So, you wanted to talk?" I asked him.

"Yes, I wanted to apologize for not telling you who I was. I know I should've told you on the plane, but I got scared. You were the first person in a while that didn't know who I was, and I wanted to enjoy being normal again." He said looking down.

"Don't apologize, I get why you did it... and also you didn't know me, you didn't have to tell me. It's alright." I said giving him a soft smile.

"I really feel like I should've told you. I'm sorry." He said sitting next to me.

"I'm the one that should be sorry. I was tipsy, so I overreacted, and I apologize for that." I said cringing at my behavior.

"Okay, then we'll do it like this: we put this behind our backs and stop apologizing. Sounds good?" He said smiling giving me his hand.