chapter 23

I woke up the next morning with Damiano's arm around my waist. I immediately blushed as the images of last night came to my mind. We talked, we kissed, he explained everything to me, then we kissed again... and you know, did that too.

I turned around so I was facing him. I looked at his relaxed face, since he was sleeping like a little angel. I couldn't contain myself, so I ran my fingers through his soft hair. After a few seconds he started moving. As soon as he opened his eyes and saw me, he smiled and pulled me closer.

"For a second there I thought the whole thing was nothing more than a dream." He said with his morning voice. If his morning voice was raspy, his morning voice was even raspier.

"Nope... it's all real, baby." I said smiling at him.

"Well, I'm glad. Because now I can do this." He said before leaning in, but I stopped him.

"Morning breath." I said pushing him lightly with my hand on his chest.

"You think I care?" He asked me.

"No, but I do. Let's go brush our teeth and then we can come back. How does that sound?" I asked him.

"Sounds good to me!" He said before picking me up, bridal style, leading us to bathroom, making me laugh.

After brushing our teeth, we came back to bed and cuddled.

"Dami?" I called softly and he smiled widely.

"Yes, Kathy?" He asked smiling.

"What are we now? Like, I know we love each other but, it's been almost two years... and let's not forget I wrote an album about you. Sorry about that by the way." I said letting out a small laugh.

"It's okay. Think about it like this: If none of this happened, you wouldn't have won two Grammys on your first year as a singer. And also, stop overthinking things. Like you said, we love each other. As long as we trust each other, nothing else matters, okay?" He asked me softly.

"Okay." I said nodding my head.

"So, Kathy... do you want to be my girlfriend again?" He asked me, smiling.

"No." I said trying to contain my laughter as soon as I saw his shocked expression. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding! Of course, I wanna be your girlfriend again." I said before kissing him again.

"Good. My heart stopped for a second there." He said laughing.

"You have nothing no worry about." I said smiling and he kissed me.

We went to see our friends, and as soon as we got there, they all cheered, since they saw us holding hands.

"FUCKING FINALLY!!" Vic yelled, causing us all to laugh.

"It was about damn time!" Sophia said rolling her eyes as she smiled.

"Are together now?" Miley asked us, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, we are." He said before giving me a kiss on the head.

"Turns out that not everything is what it seems." I said winking at Sophia who laughed.

"I'm glad you guys are happy now. But Damiano, how do you feel about having a breakup album written about you? Because I have experience with that." Harry joked.

"It's kinda weird, but at least the songs are amazing. And it does make me happy knowing that she doesn't mean almost all of them." He said proudly.