chapter 15

It's been two months since I left Rome. Damiano came here twice, one time alone and another time with Victoria, Thomas and Ethan. I start University next week, meaning that in 2 days I'm going to leave Portugal to go to London. I might even investigate a little and try to find myself a producer so I can start making my own music.

"So, did you pack yet?" Damiano asked me as we facetime.

"No. Not yet. Knowing myself I'll probably only do it five hours before my flight. That's what I always do. Then, I have a breakdown because I can't find something important that I have to pack. Cry because of it for one hour straight and then, miraculously, that thing shows up and I finish packing." I told him as I grabbed a yogurt from my fridge.

"Wait, did that happen before?" He asked me, fighting a laugh.

"It always does. Every goddamn time." I said smiling before starting to drink my yogurt.

"Honestly, I'm not even surprised." He said laughing.

"Good. You shouldn't be." I said before sitting on my counter.

"But wouldn't it be easier if you, you know, started packing earlier?" He asked me.

"Don't try to fight the system." I said looking at the yogurt.

"Alright. If you think that's better for you then I won't." He said smiling at me.

"Good boy." I said winking at him.

"Kathy! There are children present!" He shushed me, pointing at Thomas and Victoria who were sitting on the other side of the room. Victoria noticed and looked up.

"Are you talking to Kate?" Vic asked with a wide smile.

"No..." Damiano said pointing the camera back to him, giving me a I'm-screwed smile, which made Victoria gasp.

"Yes, you are, you liar!" She said loudly. "Let me say hi! I miss her!!!"

"Call her later if you want. Right now, she's having Damiano time." Damiano said getting up, to run away from her.

"I also wanna say hi!" Thomas said and Damiano started to run.

"Leave me and my girlfriend alone!" Damiano yelled as he ran, which made me laugh.

"NO!" They yelled back.

"Baby, I'm being chased because of you. How is that fair?" He asked me almost out of breath.

"I'm sorry, babe. I didn't aske to be this awesome that even your friends are obsessed with me." I said smirking.

"Really? What a narcissist." He said rolling his eyes playfully.

"Uh, okay Mr. My girlfriend is a narcissist, are you going to tell me that I'm wrong? No. And you know why? Because you can't." I said flipping my hair dramatically.

"I hate you." He said narrowing his eyes at me when he looked himself up on the kitchen.

"Really? Huh... that's weird. I would've sworn that you told me you loved me last night." I said smiling as I raised my eyebrows.

Last night, he told me he loved me for the first time. I, of course, said it back. I have been nothing but happy with him, and I think that almost 3 months together are a good point to tell somebody you love them. No? I don't know, I have no idea. I have never loved anyone before. Ever. This was all new to me and I was handling it the best I could, giving our current situation.

"Huh... Really? I, I don't remember that." He said looking up at the ceiling as if he was trying to remember. Dork.

"Oh yeah? Well, then I don't remember saying it back." I said and a proud smile made its way to my face as I saw his shocked expression.