chapter 37

A year had gone by since that night. One of the best years of my life. Damiano and I have moved to LA and were living together ever since. Bidet and Legolas are with us, and it's been wonderful. Vic, Thomas and Ethan are either here in LA or in Italy with their families; Harry invested more on his LA house since he was going to spend more time there due to his acting career that was starting to take off; Dua and Anwar came to LA as well, a few months before Damiano and I; as for Billie, Finneas and Miley, they already lived in LA so we can hang out a lot more now.

"Do you like it?" Justin asked me as we heard our new song.

"I love it! It's amazing." I high-fiving him.

"I gotta say, this might be one of my favorite songs made by me. Well partially in this case." Justin said laughing.

"I'll admit, hearing the Justin Bieber say something like that about me does infatuate my ego." I said chuckling.

"You're stupid talented, Kate. You should be posting shit like 'I'm better than you and I know it'." He said flipping his imaginary long hair, which made me laugh.

"I could never do that." I told him, shaking my head lightly.

"I know, and that's why you're so special." He said wrapping an arm around my shoulders before kissing the top of my head.

If you're wondering how Justin and I became close friends, I'll tell ya: Justin was always a close friend of Miley, and since Miley became super close with me and Damiano, I ended up meeting Justin. We hung out a few times with Miley, and others with Billie and Finneas, and before we knew it, we were besties. The relationship I have with Justin is pretty like the one I have with Harry and the one he has with Billie. Hailey is super sweet and already helped me feeling more comfortable with the cameras since I always get awkward at photoshoots.

Justin and I have a brotherly bond, and it's honestly so wholesome. Whenever anyone's tense, Justin and I always try to ease the tension either with my sarcasm or with his unique sense of humor that barely anyone seems to understand.

"So, what do you think about showing them this tonight?" I asked him.

"You wanna play it tonight?" He asked looking down at me.

"Yeah! I mean, it's ready and we know the chords. Hailey and Damiano will be there, so I don't see why not." I said shrugging my shoulders lightly.

"I like your way of thinking." He said smiling before bopping his finger on my forehead.

"Of course, you do." I said laughing and she shoved me away which made me laugh even harder.

"Hello, everyone. Thank you for coming." Justin said sitting on a chair in front of the couch where our friends were sitting on.

"It's my house, dude." Billie said laughing as she shook her head.

"Not the point. What Justin here was trying is that we appreciate you taking your time off to hear us play." I said smiling at them.

"You literally made us sit still on the couch." Damiano said with a humored tone, raising his eyebrows at me.

"Do you want to end tonight single?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

"No, ma'am." He said leaning back on the couch.

"Thought so." I said giving him a knowing look. "I was going to sing something cute for you, so I suggest you zip it."

He didn't say anything, but nodded quickly, making everyone laugh. I heard Ethan mutter something like "you're whipped" and he hit him on the shoulder which made me snort.