chapter 24

"So, then Anwar was like: let's go there. I didn't want to, clearly, but I ended up following him and before I knew it, we were on top of the bar, dancing and singing one of my songs while the other clients just looked at us like we were crazy." Dua said laughing.

"Well, Anwar definitely passes the vibe check." I said laughing.

"He's a really cool dude. Loved meeting him." Harry said.

They have been in my house for 2 hours now and we ended up ordering McDonalds.

"What about you, Kate? We've already said some pretty weird stories, so now you go." Harry said while taking a sip from his soda.

"Well, let me think about it... Oh my God, I just remembered one!" I said laughing. "When I was in Rome, I was walking around with Sophia, Damiano, Victoria, Thomas and Ethan, when Damiano had the excellent idea that we should jump to the river. For the record, Sophia and I didn't know that it was illegal. So, we agreed. Last minute I was thinking about staying behind and not jumping but Damiano had other plans. He picked me up bridal style and jumped in the river with me. We stayed there laughing and splashing around, until the police came. They ordered us to get out of the water and we did. They started scolding us, but since it was in Italian, I didn't understand shit. I just know that Damiano kept sweet talking to them, and they let us go. Don't ask me what the hell he told the cops because I have no idea. All I know is that I was shit scared when I saw them." I said laughing, remembering how panicked I was.

"Oh my god!" Harry said laughing.

"I'm not really that surprised from what Miley told me about them." She said laughing.

"Tell us more." Harry said smiling.

"Alright, where there was this one time... oh god, I can't believe I'm exposing myself right now, alright. Uh, I don't know if you know, but I don't know how to ride a bike, pretty sad, I know. Anyways, Thomas one day had the brilliant idea of renting bikes with 2 seats so we could ride around. I obviously panicked, but Damiano said that he was going to be with me and that I had nothing to worry about... what bullshit." I said laughing. "We were riding the bike, he was in the front seat, and I was in the back seat, when we started to get distracted with our conversation. Unfortunately, Damiano got way more distracted than he was supposed to, so when he realized where he was going it was too late, because for some odd reason, our bike belt got stuck and it wouldn't move, so before we knew it, we were facing a tree and we couldn't change direction. Damiano yelled for me to jump to grass. Now, when I was about to so, I noticed that my dress was stuck on my pedal, so I couldn't jump. Since I didn't jump, Damiano didn't jump either, so went against the tree and damaged the bike."

"Oh god!" Dua said laughing, just like Harry. "Were you two, okay?"

"Oh yeah. We went against the tree, fell on the ground, looked at each other and immediately started laughing. We got a few bruises here and there, but other than that we were just peachy." I told them.

"So, you don't bruise like a peach?" Harry said, trying to contain the laughter.

"I can't believe I didn't predict that reference." I said laughing.

The night went on and we kept on telling stories about our lives. Eventually it was time for them to go, and since I was tired, I ended up falling asleep right away, which was a pretty rare thing to me.

It was now the next day, and I was getting inside the studio.

"Hey, Kate! It's great having you back." Ryan said hugging me. Over the last two years, I met Ryan and he became a brother to me. He's also my producer, which is really cool. I can't create music with people that I don't connect with, so he is definitely helpful. "I know I already told you this on the phone, but congrats on the Grammys, girl!"