chapter 16

"What was this then, huh?! Was this all a lie?" I ask angrily through the phone.

"No, of course it wasn't a lie, Kathy!" He said angrily as well.

"Then why, Dami? Why did you do it?" I cried.

"I... I don't know." He said almost exhausted.

"That's not good enough, Damiano! You knew I've never been in love with anyone before. You knew that! You told me you loved me 3 days ago so how could you?! How could you do that to me? How could you be so fake to the point of telling me that we were meant to be, that we were forever, and then you do this...

I never thought I was going to get hurt by you... Then I ask why you did it and you say you don't know?" I scoffed. "I'm sorry, but I deserve better than this." I said before taking a deep breath, wiping away my tears. "I just want you to know that... you lost someone who loved you a whole fucking lot. I hope you're happy now."

"Kathy..." He said slowly, but I couldn't do it anymore... so I hung up.

That was the last time we ever spoke to each other. It's been a year and a half since it all went down. A lot has changed since then. Sophia and Ethan are still together, I couldn't be happier for them. I was still friends with Victoria, Thomas and Ethan, that didn't change. Sure, it reminded me of him, but I wasn't going to waste our amazing friendship over him. They didn't deserve it. I never saw him again, thankfully.

I did take his advice though. I started writing songs again. A lot of them. Turns out when you're hurt lyrics come out pretty easily. I ended up dropping out of college to focus on my music career. Lame, I know. Turns out, it was actually a pretty good decision. I produced my album Bittersweet and it's Grammy nominee which is INSANE to me. Damiano and that girl started dating like 2 weeks after we broke up, which hurt like a bitch, not gonna lie. They ended up breaking up a month ago.

Before you ask how I know this, no, I wasn't stalking him, you don't need to stalk people when you have Sophia and Victoria in your life, you know what I mean? They do it for you. They were all shocked when they fond out what happened because apparently, he wasn't that type of guy and blah blah blah. He had us all fooled. Maybe he should get an Oscar for his amazing performance. I don't know, just a thought.

"Katherine!" That's my manager, Ella calling. Yup, I have one of those now, pretty cool, right?

"In here!" I said taking my eyes off the piano.

"Oh, good. You're here. As you know, the Grammy's are in two days, and we are still here in London instead of Los Angeles. I know you're nervous since you're going to perform and everything, but it's going to be fine. You're really talented, you're already Grammy nominee, you're an icon! So, you have nothing to be worried about, alright?" She said softly.

"Okay." I said taking a deep breath.

"Good. Uh, Sophia called me, and she said that as soon as we arrive to LA you're going to have a surprise." Ella informed me.

"Oh, she's not coming with us tonight?" I asked confused.

"Apparently not. You go home and pack and I'll call you later when I leave my house to pick you up, alright?" She said checking up her phone.

"Alright. See you later, Ella!" I said giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"See you later, honey!"

"Are you seriously not gonna come?!" I ask Sophia through the phone.

"Sorry! Something happened with my mom, and I can't be there. To redeem myself, I already have a surprise for when you arrive!" She said excitedly.