chapter 9

"I think it looks great!" Victoria said looking at our work. Two days ago, when we all got together at Damiano's, Victoria had this crazy idea that I immediately loved. She told Sophia and I that Damiano secretly loved High School Musical, so she thought it'd be fun if we decorated her living room as the Hotel's Karaoke where Troy and Gabriella meet and sing "It's the start of something new". Long story short, we just finished decorating her living room and the boys are going to be here in an hour. She is planning on calling Damiano and I to sing Troy and Gabriella's song, and I think it's quite cute. Wanting it or not, it's the first time that we're going to sing together, and Vic couldn't have chosen a better song, since I also have an undying love for High School Musical.

In case you were wondering, no, Damiano did not ask me out on a date... yet I hoped. These past couple of days we've just been hanging out the 6 of us, to get to know each other better and honestly, I didn't think I could've met a better group of friends. They all made me feel like I belonged with them, you know? They were funny, they were charismatic, they were smart, they were kind, and they were very talented as well. Now that I thought about it, I felt like I won the lottery with them.

Also, this thing with Damiano scared me, because the thought of falling in love with him was terrifying. Thinking about being vulnerable with someone, sharing the good and the bad, being intimate physically and mentally... it terrified me. I only had a few flings here and there, nothing serious because it scared me. And now on top of it all, he was a celebrity that had all kinds of women after him... why would he ever stop twice to look at me? Sure, that are times where it seems like he wants me, but the fear of getting played is too big.

The conversation that I had with Sophia a few days ago kept replaying in my head. Should I go for it? Should I ignore my fear and insecurities and just go for it? Should I ignore everything else and just let my walls down? Maybe... I don't know, let's see how things play out.

"It does!!! Ah, I'm so excited!" Sophia said excitedly jumping around, making Victoria and I laugh.

"Yeah, it looks really good. I'm proud girls." I said smiling at them.

"Let's go get ready then!" Victoria said grabbing our hands, pulling us towards her room.

An hour went by and the guests of honor arrived.

"Hey!!" Damiano said excitedly as he walked inside.

"Hey girls!" Thomas and Ethan said at the same time which made look at each other before they started laughing.

"Hey!" I said as Damiano hugged me. God, he smelled so good.

After Victoria and Sophia greeted the boys, Damiano got curious.

"So, what have you misses planned for tonight?" He asked narrowing his eyes at us playfully.

"Come and see." Victoria said, walking towards her living room.

As soon as we walked in, Damiano stopped with his mouth wide open looking at the scenario in front of him.

"You didn't..." He said still looking at the HSM replica and not at us.

"You bet your ass we did!" Victoria said laughing at her friend.

"Wait... isn't this from High School Musical?" Thomas asked earning a small slap on his arm.

"Of course, it is! I thought I taught you better than this." Ethan said rolling his eyes. 

"Did you really need to hit me for that?!" Thomas said rubbing his arm where Ethan slapped him.

Ethan turned his head to look at him and did a dramatic pause. "Yes." That's all he said before leaving his side. I head Thomas curse in Italian, but I have no idea what it meant.