chapter 12

Days went by and I leave Rome in 3 days. 3 days... wow. Everything that happened in this almost 3 weeks have been... life changing, to say the least. I'm with Damiano in his room. He's playing some song idea he had in the guitar while I'm laying in his bed.

"Damiano?" I asked and he drives his attention off the guitar, to me.

"Yeah?" He asked me.

"What do you think it's going to happen? You know... after I leave?" I asked looking down. I could tell he knew that I was nervous.

"Oh, baby..." He said softly. He took his guitar off his lap and cuddled me. "I can't lie to you, I have no idea what's going to happen to us after you go, since we're going to be in different countries and everything. All I know is that what we have is real and we will make it through. I promise." He said stroking my hair gently.

"You really believe that?" I asked him.

He looked at me for a few seconds and smiled.

"I do." He said before kissing me.

I know what this looks, ok? You may be thinking "why is Kate so worried about them breaking up? They've only known each other for 3 weeks, after all", and you know what? It's true. Yes, I've only known his for 3 weeks, but everything we had during that time was way more intense than any "relationship" I ever had. He made me feel things I didn't know were possible. It breaks my heart knowing that I'm leaving and have no idea when I'm going to see him again.

Don't even get me started on Victoria, Ethan, and Thomas. I consider them my best friends. Sure, I had my group of friends back in Portugal and in London, but I never felt so included before, you know? They truly made me feel like I belonged with them, and I will never forget that.

"Kate, tonight you're sleeping over." Victoria said as she was filling up her cup with water.

"Uh, no way." Damiano said quickly.

"Uh, yes way." Vic mocked him.

"No." He said glaring at her, making me raise my eyebrows at him. "You wanna go?" He asked me and I gave him an apologetic smile. "But- I already had plans for us, amore." He said giving me puppy eyes.

"I've been with you every night. And don't worry, we can still do it tomorrow, okay?" I asked kissing the tip of his nose.

"Fine." He said pouting.

"Oh, don't be like that. I promise tomorrow I'm all yours." I told him, smiling.

"Promise?" He asked me in a baby voice.

"I promise." I said before giving him a peck on the lips.

"Great, now that we have all that figured out, let's go!" Victoria said showing me her hand for me to take it.

"Yes, please! I wanna have a girl's night!" Sophia said grabbing a bottle of some wine.

"Oh, so you don't like the other nights?" Ethan asked her, making Thomas choke on his water.

"I didn't say that." Sophia said rolling her eyes, with an amused smile on her lips.

"Let them go, we'll have an amazing men's night without them." Thomas said proudly.

"Yeah, good luck with that." I scoffed, making him glare at me.

"Can we go now?" Victoria asked us.