chapter 17

"Kathy..." He said softly.

"Guys, your friend is here." I said looking at my friends who were looking at me like I was crazy. "And by the way, you don't get to call me that anymore." I said turning away from him. 

I went to bathroom, put on some jeans, put on my black all-star, grabbed my bag and my phone and as I was about to leave, Sophia stepped in front of me.

"Kate, I didn't know." She said worriedly.

"It's fine, don't worry about it." I said before grabbing my keys.

"Where are you going?" Victoria asked me, and I turned around to look at her.

"Out." I said walking out of the room, hitting Damiano with my shoulder on the process.

I went downstairs to drink a coffee when someone called my name.

"Kate?" I heard a female British voice. I turned around and smiled at her.

"Dua! I missed you!" I said hugging the girl.

"I missed you too! How amazing, we are both going to perform this year!" She said sitting next to where I was sitting.

"Tell me about it! But at least you're used to it! I'm definitely not." I said letting out a humorless laugh.

"Bullshit. You're going to kill it! You're brilliant! But just between us, what song are you going to sing?" She asked me eagerly.

"Good for you." I whispered.

"Oh my god, I love that song! And enough for you, and brutal, and in my head, and better off... and no tears left to cry, déjà vu, happier, favorite crime, jealousy, jealousy, God, I love them all!" Dua said and I laughed.

"Yeah, I was thinking maybe Good for you or Enough for you, but I figured Good for you was more fun to perform." I said smiling at her.

"Is he here?" She asked me.

"Is who here?" I asked her. [Yes, this was in fact a stranger things reference]

"The boy you wrote that for." She clarified.

"Oh... yeah. He's here. That's why I came downstairs, actually." I told her.

"Wait, please explain!" She said curious.

"Basically our common friends were in my room and then he knocked on my door. I couldn't stand being inside with him, so I took off. Also, since I'm telling you this, you must know that this guy, the one I told you about last time, and the one in these songs... is Damiano, the singer from Maneskin." I said looking down.

"Wait, what?! Why did I not know about this before?!" She asked surprised.

"I didn't want you to have any drama with him, since he's friends with Miley, and Miley's your friend, you know how that goes." I said sighing.

"Yeah, Miley is our friend, and you know what? She's gonna be yours too." She said before grabbing her phone.

"No! Dua, what the hell do you think you're doing?! Stop!" I said trying to get her not to call Miley, but I was too late.

"Miley! Hi! I just wanted to know, are you at the hotel yet?" (...) "You are?! Perfect! Can you come downstairs from a minute? I want you to meet someone." (...) "Alright, see you." She said before hanging up.

"Was that really necessary?!" I asked her.

"Yes. Besides, Miley is going to love you. I do." She said smiling at me.

"I hate you." I said glaring at her.

"I can also introduce you to Harry Styles." She sang.

"I love you." I said hugging her making her laugh.

A few minutes later, Miley arrived.

"Hey girls!" She said before hugging Dua.

"Hey, Miley! This is my friend Kate, Kate this is my friend Miley." Dua said introducing us.

"Hi!" We said at the same time, giving two kisses at each other.

"I know who you are. Katherine Adams, right? You wrote Bittersweet. Killer album." She said taking a seat in front of us. Miley Cyrus knows who I am and is a fan of my work... I might pass out.

"Yeah, I did. I love Plastic Hearts too. It was on my head for months!" I told her.

"I'm glad you liked it! Also, one more thing. You're Damiano's ex, right?" She asked me. Shit, she knows.

"Yeah... that's me." I said letting out a nervous laugh.

"And I assume the album was about him as well?" She asked.

"Yes..." I said looking down, scared of what might come out of this.

"Good job!" She said happily. What the...

"What?" I asked confused.

"I mean, sure, he's my friend, but if he really did what you said on your songs than he deserved it." She explained.

"Oh, thank God! I thought you were going to hate me for writing that about your friend." I told her.

"Not at all! Are you crazy? I have nothing but respect for you." She said smiling at me.

"Good." I said laughing.

We stayed there 2 more hours until I started to yawn of how tired I was.

"Girls, this was lots of fun, definitely have to repeat it, but I'm really tired, because I flew here from London today." I told them.

"No problem! It was great meeting you!" Miley said hugging me.

"You too!" I said hugging her back.

"What do you say, breakfast tomorrow at 10am?" Dua asked us.

"Sounds good to me." I said grabbing my things.

"I'm in!" Miley said.

"Great, then I'll see you tomorrow morning!" I said looking between them.

"Bye!"

"See you"

They said blowing me kisses, making me do the same.

I got to my room, and thankfully, no one was there.

I got out of my jeans and out and put on some pajama shorts and got in bed ready to sleep. I was so tired that I didn't even want to eat dinner.

I was definitely not expecting to see Damiano so soon... that threw me off guard. Like, what's wrong him?! Calling me Kathy like nothing ever happened?! Fuck that. A lot did happen, and I was still not ready to talk to him without fighting. No, writing an album about it was not good enough. Sure, it had been more than a year, but I was still hurt... I was still wounded. I didn't know how I was supposed to just keep on with my life after getting my heart broken for the only person I ever loved. It was still very fresh to me... I still hadn't healed, yet, I had to face him for the next two days whether I liked it or not. Yay me. Let's just hope that tomorrow goes better than today.

---------------------------

Hey guys!!! How are you doing??

Double update today!! I'm feeling generous.

Yes, I know this chapter is short but it was only because I felt bad for dropping tha bomb on you!

Please be sure to vote and comment your thoughts!!!

I love you guys!! <33