chapter 7

We kept on talking about our childhoods and it went amazing. We even talked about what our names would be if we were born in the opposite gender.

"My dad told me that if I was a boy my mom would want my name to be Romeo." I said laughing.

"Oh my god!" He said laughing. "I was going to be Juliet!"

"Wait, really?!" I exclaimed surprised.

"No." He said laughing even more. "My mom wanted to call me Anna if I was a girl."

"Yeah, that suits you... Anna." I said teasingly and he just laughed.

We kept on talking until the sunset came. We got in the car and he drove me back to the hotel.

"Did you enjoy your day?" He asked me.

"I did. A lot, actually." I said looking up at him.

"That's great, that means we can hang out more, then." He said chuckling.

"Of course!" I said smiling.

"You know... that's my favorite place here in Rome." He told me. Why had he taken me there then?

"Why did you take me there?" I asked him confused.

"I took you there because, even though I've known you for a short period of time, I feel like you understand me better than most people do. It just feels easy to talk to you... and I really appreciate that." He said, glancing at me every once and a while.

"Thank you. For taking me there and for being honest." I told him, putting my hand on his shoulder.

"Any time." He said, looking at me smiling.

After he dropped me off, we agreed to be together on the next day as well, but with the group since they really liked me and Sophia. When I got home, Sophia made me a thousand questions about my day, and I did the same with her. Apparently, Ethan took her to watch him do covers of her favorite songs on the drums. She told me she really loved it and that they went to get ice cream and that he was really sweet to her. He better be, or else I'll rip his throat out with my bare hands.

When Sophia went to her room, I kept thinking about what she and Damiano told me about songwriting.... And I decided to give it a shot. I sat in front of the little mobile piano that I brought and placed my notebook and my pen in front of me. The first thing that came to my mind was Damiano. It was no secret that I was attracted to him, only blind people couldn't see. He's just... different from other guys. And really hot too. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to have something physical with him.

With those thoughts, I started singing.

"Don't know where you're laying...Just know it's not with me." I sang, remembering that he was probably asleep right now, somewhere.

"Don't know what I'd tell you if I passed you on the street." We only started talking after he defended me, and sat next to me... would we have met if I passed by him on the street?

"I don't want your sympathy, but you don't know what you do to me, Oh...nan a?" I feel like he has no idea that everything he does around me makes me crazy. Also... I'm not sure about that na na. OH! What if... "Oh, Anna! Oh, Anna! Every time I see your face...There's only so much I can take, Oh, Anna! Oh, Anna!" I remembered when he told me his name would be Anna if he was a girl...and it really matches this song.

"Don't know how you taste when, there's smoke in your perfume. Chew me up and spit me out, nothing left to lose." I saw him smoke a couple of times, but not too much. He's so powerful, compared to me...I'm nothing. I want to go for it, mainly because there's not much to lose.

I sang repeating the chorus again.

"Hope you never hear this, and know that it's for you... I don't know what I'd tell you if you asked me for the truth" I sure hope he never hears me sing this, or it would be too embarrassing. What would I even tell him?!

I sang again.

"Well I guess it would be nice...If I could touch your body." I sang clearly not thinking. "If I could touch your body, If I could touch your body, If I could touch your body."

"I don't want your sympathy, but you don't know what you do to me, Oh, Anna! Oh, Anna! Every time I see your face, there's only so much I can take, Oh, Anna! Oh, Anna!" I sang once more, ending the song.

Wow... I just did that. It felt weird... but really nice as well. It was different from before. I was used to write songs about romances that I saw in movies and TV shows, it never really came from the bottom of my heart, because let's be honest: what kind of experience in romance does a 12-year-old have? Exactly, none. That's mainly why this felt different. It felt intense, raw..., real. I want to do this again some other time. With that I went to bed.

I woke up in the next morning with Sophia jumping on top of me.

"What the hell?! Get off me, miss piggy!" I exclaimed. Another thing to know about me: I hate when other people wake me up. Scott used to do that a lot, so I grew to hate it. He'd wake me up by opening the curtains, blasting his music, yell at me, throw me a glass of water, push my blankets to the floor, etc. I could punch Sophia in the face, and on that moment, I wouldn't care.

"Good morning to you too!" She said clearly finding the situation funny. "I just wanted to tell you that: One, you need to call your dad and Two: it's already 1pm and we have to leave in an hour to go to Damiano's house to hang out with the group. I would hurry up if I were you." She said getting off of me. She got up and went towards my room's door. I started to sit in my bed when I heard her say "Oh, by the way, I loved your song last night! Great lyrics."

I immediately looked at her and she started laughing and left the room. How are we still best friends? I would really like to know the reason behind it. Oh wait, that's right. I kind of love that piece of shit so, there's not much I can do.

I got up, showered, got dressed and did my make up quickly before Sophia could yell at me to hurry up.

"Kate!" She yelled from the doorway.

"I'm ready!" I yelled back.

"Let' go, the Uber is 1 minute away." She said opening the door.

"Let's go, then." I said grabbing my purse, before closing the front door.

------------------

Hello again guys!! How are you enoying the book so far?

I loved Damiano and Kate's little date, it was so cute!!!

Yes guys, I did use Anna from Harry Styles because I thought that it was fitting :) I'm thinking of including other songs so tell me what other songs you would like Katherine to sing/play!

Please don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts!

Love you guys <3