twenty six

Bash and I ended up getting some drive-thru chicken nuggets and were now sitting in his car, some 2-3 miles from the house where the party was being held

Bash and I ended up getting some drive-thru chicken nuggets and were now sitting in his car, some 2-3 miles from the house where the party was being held. I lasted an hour before I turned my phone on to 17 texts from Ashton and 4 from Emily.

The last one from Emily was sent 7 minutes so I opened that first.

Emily: We're leaving, I know you said you're safe but I tried calling u and your phone was off? Dude did Ashton kidnap you and make you text me that.
Sent 1:02 a.m.

Emily: Nevermind, he's sulking at the bar
Sent 1:05 a.m.

Emily: ew, he's kinda hot when he's mad ew ew i know he sux
Sent 1:10 a.m.

Emily: text me back did u die
Sent 1:32 a.m.

Instead of replying to her, I decided to just call her to end her misery.

She picked up on the third ring.

"I thought you died," there was loud music behind her so clearly, they hadn't left the party.

"Nope, alive and well fed," I saw Bash crack a small smile at that while he slurped his diet coke.

"Okaaaay," she was slurring at this point, "where are you though? I don't see you anywhere."

"I came to get food with Bash."

She paused for a few minutes before replying, "Who the fuck is Bash?"

"Hot production intern guy," I accidentally blurted out, completely forgetting that said hot guy was sitting beside me and could clearly hear what I was saying.

I could see from the corner of my eye that Bash had turned around in his seat so he was facing me and his small smile had turned into a full-blown smirk at this point. I was too embarrassed to turn my head to face him so I kept my eyes intently focused on the dashboard.

Ugh, so hot.

I was still a little drunk at this point, okay?

Emily wasn't saying anything but I could imagine her grinning on the other side of the phone.

"He heard that," she said.

"Shut up."

"Uh-huh sure," she drawled out, the smile evident in her tone, "so are you already like, at his place, or can I ask you to do me a small favor?"

"I'm not, at his, what?" I fumbled out.

Bash chuckled beside me so clearly, he could hear Emily on the phone too.

"Okay Alex," she was fully laughing at my misery at this point.

"What do you want, Satan?"

"Okay so," she calmed down a little, "I was supposed to drive us home but I drank a little too much and Drew is almost slobbering on my shoulder at this point. You think you can pick us up?"