four

When I turned, the first thing I saw was the same pair of washed up shoes, then some dark jeans and a tight white t-shirt which clung to his muscles like second skin

When I turned, the first thing I saw was the same pair of washed up shoes, then some dark jeans and a tight white t-shirt which clung to his muscles like second skin. His shirt was ripped at the bottom and he had something that looked an awful lot like bruises under the remnants of his t-shirt. His jacket was folded up to his elbows and he had his usual smirk thing going.

"You like what you see babe?" He smirked, standing a little taller as he came to my side.

"No," I said, pretending to sound as dull and interested as I could which turned out to be quite hard when he smirked at me again, leaning in a little closer.

"It's not right to lie, tutor girl," he whispered.

Tutor girl?

"Why didn't you show up today Mr. Moretti?" James's voice forced me to move away from Ash, a light blush coloring my cheeks.

"I had detention, Mr. Spencer, and I couldn't really skip out on that, could I?" he coolly answered, which earned a scoff from James, which he quickly covered with a cough.

"Very well, Ash, when do you not have detention so that Alexis doesn't have to waste her time waiting for you in the center?"

"Uh well, never. So she's probably gonna need to come with me, to my house, so that she can tutor me,"

His house? He wanted me to go to his house?

"Huh what, no, I can't go to your house," I said, trying to hide the thoughts running through my mind.

He'll probably kill me and shove my body into the cellar and I was not ready to die yet. Nope.

"I don't bite, tutor girl," he leaned in again, this time closer than the last before whispering, "hard."

I blushed, again.

I do not know why I was so flushed around this delinquent but I could not force my cheeks back to my normal color, no matter how hard I tried.

"Ash, I uh, I need to go," I stammered, ducking into James's car and watching him enter a few seconds later.

He revved the engine and drove away from the parking lot, leaving Ashton there in the dust.

"I'm sorry about that. I can talk to the principal about that; maybe get Ashton another tutor if you don't want him. He doesn't really seem like the safest guy to be around," James said after some time, looking at me as he stopped in front of my house's driveway.

"Thanks for that but it's okay, I'll survive," I didn't want to seem like a whiny teenager, so I smiled and awkwardly patted his shoulder and got out, hitting my forehead when he drove away.

I patted his shoulder? What?

When I opened my house I was greeted by my familiar empty living room. Malibu ran down the stairs and soon as he heard the door close and rubbed himself against my legs as I bent down to scratch his ears as I saw the letter stuck to counter nearby.

'Will be out late tonight.

Don't wait up.

Mom.'

As usual.

"Looks like it's just you and I tonight bud," I scratched his stomach as he lay on his back, occasionally purring. I found at the nearby shelter five months back, he had just been rescued from under a bridge downtown when I saw him and I think I fell in love immediately.

He was about the size of my forearm then, a few weeks old, whimpering as the doctors did their thing. But what truly intrigued me were his eyes. They were two different colors. One was blue and the other was brown. So as soon as the doctors were done, I went and adopted him and let me tell you, it was one of the best feelings ever, watching as he curled in my lap as I drove to my place.

But now, five months later, he was huge. I think the neighbors stopped visiting me and bringing me cookies because they were scared of him. But he was so adorable, how could someone be scared of him?

Anyway, back to my usual evening, after Malibu decided that he had been pampered enough for the day he jumped on the couch, circling it before lying down and closing his eyes.

I swear, he was the cutest thing I'd ever seen.

I rummaged through my almost empty fridge and before settling on some leftover pizza and once I was done messing with it in the oven; I was eating it and scrolling through my phone.

You'd think I had some loud high school party to get to, with it being a Friday night and all but Netflix, pizza and my dog were my only company. Such a happening life, I tell you.

But anyways, after I'd comfortably settled under my covers and logged into Netflix, my bedroom door burst open.

"You're going to sleep?" Emily asked, carrying numerous bags in her hands.

"Nope, I'm going to finish a season of Modern Family, and then sleep," I sighed, gasping when she snatched my laptop away.

"Are you okay?"

"Please get to the point before I take away my house keys from you and kick you out," she sighed as I attempted to snuggle into my duvet further.

"Well okay, Drew has this party at this place, and we're going,"

"Absolutely fucking not," I should probably stop cursing so much.

She pulled the covers away before dragging me to the bathroom and ordering me to take a shower, locking the door to prevent me from escaping,

And thus began what would probably be something I'd end up regretting tomorrow morning.

****

vote and comment, please.