twenty three

After getting ice cream together on Tuesday, the rest of the week passed by pretty smoothly

Emily and I had a two-hour conversation with about everything Ashton related; and she finally let me off the hook. I told her about how we started hanging out, followed up on the tutoring sessions (which we'd completely abandoned by the way, boy wouldn't pick up a book even if his life depended on it) and the entire fight-dedicating debacle.

Once she was done chastising me about my poor decision-making skills and all around incompetent handling of situations, she proceeded to gush about how amazing this was and how we'd make the cutest babies.

I hung up on her then.

Charlie hadn't been very interested in talking to me since then. He'd tried to maintain polite conversation for a day after that incident before completely ditching us for his blonde girlfriend.

I think they were dating?

Frankly I didn't care.

Charlie had been one of my best friends since middle school. He was always someone that had been there for me, and someone I always trusted. He always had my back. I remember in our junior year, after a particularly sad week at my house, Charlie showed up at my house, stuffed Malibu and I in his car and just drove. We ended up driving north, to some tourist-y camp site. He then proceeded to make me s'mores and watch the stars with me, all the while sneezing every ten seconds. I was surprised he'd let Malibu come, considering that he was severely allergic to dogs.

Okay maybe I did care, but I wasn't about to admit just how much his disappearance was bothering me. I admit I'd been a little icy towards him ever since I'd discovered him and his girlfriend making out at that party but we always told each other everything. He's always called me after each date, and told me everything. I just felt a little ignored, I guess.

I couldn't exactly fathom why he suddenly decided to ditch us for a completely new set of friends but I don't think I was in a position to ask anymore. He didn't like Ashton too much (or at all, really) so I had some inkling as to what was causing this distance but I decided not to dwell on it.

This was his decision, and I was going to respect it.

Let me rephrase, expect me losing my closest friend, everything else was great. I'd spent each night sleeping in Ashton's bed. He still just cuddled me, he just sneaked in a lot more kisses between hugs now. He was a great kisser and even though every morning I'd be drenched in sweat due to his heavy body enveloping mine, my stirring would wake him up and he'd squint his eyes and smile dopily, snuggling further into me.

He was cute, okay?

In school, although he wasn't overly affectionate, he made it a point to walk me to all my classes, always drive me to school and drop me off and sit with me at lunch.