six

"Deep in the meadows, under the willow

A bed of grass..."

"That's from Hunger Games," Ash looked up at me from the floor with a blank face.

"So? It's still a lullaby."

"Yeah? Well, it seems to suck at it's job huh?"

"It won't just magically make you fall asleep, give it time,"

"It's fucking 3 a.m. I am not in a patient mood right now," he grumbled.

"Fine, you know what? Whatever. Be a whiny bitch, I'm just gonna crash somewhere else."

I had almost left the warm cocoon of blankets when Ashton got up and left, slamming the door shut, leaving me to fall back into a deep sleep again.

****

"My head is killing me," I giggled before slamming my cupboard shut loudly, knowing she could hear it from my bed. "Ugh," she groaned again, pushing her head further into my pillow.

"Serves you right."

"Where were you?"

"I crashed in one of the guest rooms, caught up on my sleep."

"I hope you realise how boring you are."

"I hope you realise I don't give a shit. I told you to leave me be," I grumbled.

"Forgive me for wanting you to have a social life, jeez woman."

I was going to say something when my mom came into my room, surprised to see Emily there with me.

"Hey El," You'd think she'd get her name right after knowing her for 4 years but no, "Lexie, there's someone here to see you," she said, leaving my door wide open.

"Who is it?" Emily asked. 

"Let me go check," I slid down the banister, struggling with my shoes and, almost tripping before finally succeeding in putting them on.

I closed the front door before finally looking up at the man standing on my front porch.

"Ashton?"

"Hey love," he smirked.

"You need something from me?"

"Yeah, what's up?" He smirked, again. One day, I will wipe that off, but it was adorable, not gonna lie.

"My roof...?"

"Yeah smartass who also happens to be my tutor, do you even want to continue?"

"With what?"

"Um, tutoring?" 

"Oh um, yeah, I kinda have to."

"Uh okay, meet me at my place at 4 on Monday," he grabbed my arm before scribbling something on the palm of my hand.

"Tutor centre, that was made for a reason, don't you think?

"I can't stand that all self righteous asshole with his British accent and his use of the word 'mate', like, what the fuck, mate?" he attempted to copy James's accent and even though it was far from what he actually sounded like, it was arguably one of the cutest things I've heard.

I'm going crazy.

"I'll see you later Ashton," I tried to disguise my amusement by turning around and fumbling with the lock,

"Bye, babe."

"Stop with the fucking nicknames," I shouted when I saw he was already half way to his car.

"Yes, honey."

****

"Lexie," Charlie groaned, sliding down beside me in the far corner of the school library. "What's up, buttercup?"

Don't mention the party. Don't mention the party. Do not mention that godforsaken part –

"Where were you on Friday?" There, that's subtle, right?

"I was at home, sleeping. Why?" He chuckled, no signs of nervousness whatsoever.

Liar.

"No reason, I was just curious."

"Right, uh huh okay," he dragged out before looking at me again.

"Okay I was kinda hoping you got a social life and will finally stop bothering me but obviously, that was wishful thinking..." I faked a sigh, closing my book and looking at his face, trying to read any signs that he was lying.

"You're stuck with me forever, babe."

I'm going to be taking tips on lying from him now on, I swear.

"Let's get to class, come on," I walked off, not waiting for Charlie to catch up.

"What's the rush?"

"We're really late, so..."

I quickly entered class and sat in a chair between two that were occupied already, thankful when he didn't question it and sat beside some girl, who happened to be the same blonde from Friday.

Now I know why.

****

vote and comment, please.