ten

"Moretti, nice of you to join us," Mrs

"Moretti, nice of you to join us," Mrs.Yates grumbled, writing Ashton a slip for detention that he absentmindedly crumbled in front of her and stuffed it in his front pocket.

"I expect you to show up, Ashton."

"I surely will," he sent her a smirk before stumbling to his seat.

Mrs. Yates grumbled to himself before continuing on with Algebra while I kept on staring at him, being the obvious creep I am, which led to Charlie shoot me an look.

"Why are you staring at Ashton?" he suspiciously asked.

"Uh, what. No I'm not."

"Now he's staring at you too. Great way to get yourself into trouble, Lex," Charlie grumbled, looking back into his notebook while I looked up and found myself staring into the familiar blue eyes.

Do I smile? Wave? Nod?

Before I could do either of it though, he turned around and pretended to focus on his work.

***

I tried looking for Ashton in the crowded room filled with rowdy teenagers, only to come up empty. I really wanted to rub the fact that I made Mr. I'm-too-cool-for-sleep fall asleep in his face.

When he didn't show up even after twenty minutes of waiting, I made up some lame excuse of something about my Maths homework before walking down the hallways trying to search for him.

I searched all three floors, even going to the dreaded art rooms before walking out the school gates and spotting a boy leaning against his motorbike, with his eyes closed and a cigarette hanging from his lips.

"Typical," I whispered under my breath, before turning around and walking away from him.

I heard some shuffling and loud footsteps before I was suddenly yanked back into the same boy's arms.

"Hey," he smiled, his arms tightening around me when I tried to shuffle away.

"Can you let me like, go?" I asked Ashton.

"Nope," his smile grew with each passing second that I struggled in his arms.

I stopped struggling when I heard the bell ring.

"We need to get to class," I smiled at him, hoping he would let go.

"You're already late. That was the second bell."

"Fuck."

"You know," he began, "now that you're already late, why don't you skip with me?"

"Um, no."

"What? Come on, it'll be fun. You'll get detention if you go back," he bargained.

Dammit, I hate it when idiots have a point.