nineteen

I called Ashton nineteen times before he blocked me

I was still at Bash's house, just locked in the guest room I'd slept in the night before. In the 30 minutes I'd spent calling Ashton, the pizza had already arrived and I'm pretty sure Bash had already finished all of it. He did come into the room to let me know but I was too preoccupied with trying to get through to the devil child.

I still don't understand why I was voluntarily sacrificing pepperoni pizza for him.

After trying and failing to get through Ashton again, I decided to go downstairs. Bash was sitting in front of the flat screen and the pizza box was lying on the table, with the lid closed.

"Hey, I saved you pizza," Bash said, when I plopped down on the couch beside him.

"What? No way."

I hungrily opened the box to notice the whole pizza still in it. Bash noticed me giving him a weird look so he spoke up, "Yeah, I was waiting for you, so we could eat together or something? I didn't wanna hog all of it."

He was all shy and adorable about it and I'm pretty sure I'm in love.

"Uh wow, thank you so much," I finally managed out after a while and thankfully the awkwardness dissipated when he picked up a slice and started eating.

I had a couple of slices while Bash finished the rest. We were just laying down on the couch when he turned to look at me.

"What were you doing in the room for so long anyway?"

"Oh, um, I was trying to get through to a friend like person?"

"Is it the guy who showed up today?"

"Um, yeah but I couldn't get through 'cause he blocked me," I shrugged.

"You could borrow my phone?" He took out his phone and handed it to me.

"Wow, you're sure?"

He smiled, so I took it as my cue and left the room to go call Ashton.

I dialed his number and waited for two rings before he picked up.

"Hello," he drawled out. There was loud music in the background and I had trouble hearing him. Was he at a party? It's literally 4 pm.

"Hi, Ashton? Where are you?" I think he could hear the concern in my voice because it took him a while to respond and the voices in the background has drowned out a little.

"Hey mom! No wait, she's dead. Who are you?"

He was still having trouble placing me and saying really weird stuff so I tried again, "It's Alexis, where are you?"

"Oh. Hello. Fancy talking to you. Didn't I block you? Wait, this must be your boyfriend's phone. How is he? How'd you guys meet? I wanna know everything," he rambled on, hiccuping in between.