seven

The rest of my classes passed as slow as they possibly could and it was finally time for the best 45 minutes of my Monday

Lunch time.

I went and settled down beside Emily who didn't even notice me even after it had been 10 minutes and I had already started eating.

"Emily," I whispered.

"He's staring. Oh my God, he's staring at us. Wait, how do I look? Is my hair okay? Damn the one day I decide to dress lazy –"

"Whoa calm down, what's wrong?"

"Ashton Moretti, the fucking Greek God, is staring right at us, oh my God I can't..."

I looked up at caught his eye and Emily eyes widened even further (which seems highly unlikely but it happened anyway) when he shot me a wink and nodded.

"Oh my God, did he just give you the nod?" She gasped, turning around to face me.

"The nod?"

"Yeah, the I-think-you're-cute-and-we-should-go-out nod."

Like that made so much sense.

"That makes so much sense, definitely, yeah," I nodded, clearly mocking her ridiculous assumption, but I could feel the familiar warmth crawling up my neck.

"Wait, are you blushing? You totally find him hot too aw, my little baby's finally growing up," She cooed, pinching my cheeks.

"Who's growing ?" Charlie asked, plopping down opposite Emily.

Not our friendship, that's for sure.

"Noth –"

"Lexie here has a little crush," Emily giggled.

"Yeah, who?"

"The Ashton Moretti, and he totally gave her the nod earlier so I have my new OTP."

Charlie visibly paled and clenched his jaw, "Lex, stay aw –"

"Stay away from Moretti, yes I know but you have no right to tell me what to do, you're not my father," I huffed, dumping my uneaten food in the trash and sprinting out of the hallway and going to the abandoned corridor on the left side of the school where all the extra curriculars took place after school. Even then, this corridor remained empty because nobody ventured out to the storage room and this corridor was behind the those damp storage lockers.

I slid down one of the plain white walls and stretched my legs, ignoring the warning bell and ultimately the final bell which chimed above me.

I could afford to bunk a couple classes, no big deal.

Maybe I had blown this whole Charlie thing out of proportion but who lies to their best friend (provided he still considers me that) and then lectures them about dating. Like, hypocritical much?

I was going through my tattered copy of some random thriller when the sound of heavy boots made me stop and scramble for my book bag and my ipod which was placed carelessly beside me, one of the headphones hanging around my neck.

"Chill, it's just me," a familiar voice spoke.

Seriously? Can I not get a break?

"What are you doing here?" he asked, sitting down beside me.

"Reading?" I gestured to the book in my hand while he nodded and picked up the headphone I wasn't using, plugging it in his ear.

"I love Coldplay," he hummed along to the music.

"You aren't a horrible singer."

"That's literally the nicest thing you've ever said to me," he smirked, closing his eyes and leaning back against the wall.

We were close enough that his jeans-clad legs were touching mine and our elbows brushed due to the slightest movements. His red flannel hung losely around his body and he swayed his head slowly. His eyes were closed and I found myself getting jealous of his ridiculously long eyelashes. His lips moved along with the words and his fingers ocasionally tapped his thigh.

"Wait, what are you doing here?" I asked after I was done checking him out,not that I would ever admit it out loud.

"I come here to smoke, but I figured you wouldn't appreciate it."

"No, go ahead. Don't let me stop you from ruining your lungs."

He smiled, not his half smirk-half smile ones but an actual full fledged smile, which was honestly one of the most beautiful things I had ever witnessed, before pulling out a packet and lighting a cigarette and puffing out a ring of smoke.

Okay, that was pretty hot (if you ignore the permanent damage he was doing to himself).

But back to his smile, the ways his eyes crinkled and the way he slightly showed his perfectly white teeth was enough to make a girl swoon.

Not that I was swooning or anything.

"Are you done staring?"

"I-I'm not," I stuttered, cursing my stupidity mentally.

"I think it's cute babe, don't be embarrassed."

"I wasn't fucking staring," I grumbled back.

"You sure?" he turned, and my breath hitched.

He was close enough that I could see the various specks of green in his cerulean eyes and jawline which ultimately led to his pink lips. His minty breath, which was laced with nicotine due to the cigarette was oddly enticing and I found myself closing my eyes to savour the odd combination.

I was pretty sure I had leaned in and my thoughts were confirmed when the bell rang and I jolted my eyes open before watching Ashton impossibly close to my lips and a small smile playing on his lips.

"Saved by the bell," he murmured, almost as if I wasn't supposed to hear it before licking his lips and walking away, leaving my mind swirling with thoughts of what had almost happened. 

****

vote and comment, please.