Tattoo

It was already a Saturday and the whole group had a day off. No interviews and no performances for the day. Amelia was looking forward to having some sleep and staying in bed for a few more hours, but at 10 A. M. her dreams were interrupted by a knock on her door.

She got up from bed and opened the door, where she had found a smiling Damiano standing with some tulips in his hand. "Good morning, Principessa."

"How dare you interrupt my sleeping schedule of sixteen hours?", she responded in her sleepy voice. "I've only been sleeping for eight."

Damiano laughed at her cuteness and asked her for approval to enter the room. Amelia had nodded and as soon as he had entered, she threw herself onto the bed again. "I wanna sleep for 3 days, non-stop.", she murmured in her pillow.

"Not possible, sleepyhead.", Damiano grabbed her gently by the waist and pulled her up from bed, then sat down and positioned the girl on his lap. "We have some work to do."

"It's our day off, don't you have plans with the group?", she whined.

She had noticed the tulips on her nighstand and couldn't help but wonder who they were for. Damiano had notices her wandering look and explained, "Those are for you."

Amelia couldn't contain her smile and kissed Damiano's cheek while she was still sitting on his lap. "They're my favorite. Thank you."

"No need to thank me yet.", now he had gently moved her from his lap to the bed and stood up. "Go get dressed, I'm taking you out for breakfast."

Amelia was surprised by the sweet gestures from the boy, although the situation was completely different only a few hours ago. "Like, all of us?"

"No.", Damiano smirked. "Only you and me."

Amelia had kissed his cheek sweetly once again before proceeding with showering, changing into a casual dress and doing her makeup. Damiano was very patient while she was picking the dress and deciding on whether to do some light makeup or something more intimidating.

"You know.", he was now looking at her from the bed while she was doing her makeup. "You don't need all of that. You're absolutely stunning."

The comment made Amelia blush and a wide smile had crept onto her face. "Thank you, Damiano. You are not so bad yourself."

"You're much more beautiful and much more special than I am.", he replied. "I am so lucky to take you out on a date."

Amelia froze. "A date?"

"Hope you don't mind it. I was about to ask you that last night but we were... Interrupted."

"By the way, is that an old friend of yours?", Amelia could not stay silent when it came to Nina. She was jealous.

"Yeah, she is an old friend from High school. She's been supportive ever since we have formed the band."

"Oh, cool.", not cool, I really don't like the looks that she had given me.

"I'll tell you the brief history of how we came together as a band at breakfast. We still need to get to know each other.", he was curious about the girl's life and interests.

"Deal."

They've had breakfast at a small but really adorable looking restaurant, which could provide them some privacy and peace while they were talking. Damiano, as promised, had told her everything about the band's history and his early life in Rome. Amelia had also said a lot about her life, from her early years with her grandparents in Rome to the life she had in Amsterdam. They have realized that they've had similar interests in music, books, clothes and also had the same favorite spots in Rome. Then they had went for a walk, grabbed some coffee to go and when they got tired, they sat on a bench in the nearest park. They had been interrupted by some of Damiano and Maneskin's fans a few times, who had asked for pictures and autographs, but all of them were very understanding and kind, and did not wish to ruin the date.

It was already 5 P. M. and the pair had realized that they've almost spent the whole day together, talking and enjoying each other's company.

"I have a surprise for you.", Damiano had turned to Amelia while they were walking and took her by the hand. "I think you're gonna like this."

Amelia was curious. "Another surprise?"

"Yes, follow me.", he had led her through a narrow tunnel which was separating two rustical buildings. Then they took a right turn, walked pass some smaller shops and cafes and then took the stairs to the upper floor.

"Whoa, have you been here before?", Amelia was surprised by his familiarity with the place.

"Nope, I was just investigating the place this morning on my maps."

Soon enough, they have reached the desired spot and Amelia was confused by the fact that they were standing in front of a tattoo studio. "What are we doing here?"

"We are here so that you can finally join the tattooed community.", Damiano said excitedly. "I have noticed you checking out mine and I have decided to hold your hand the whole time when you get your first tattoo."

Amelia was out of words. The only thing she could do was throw herself into his arms and kiss the corner of his lips.

"Is that a yes?", he had asked her.

"Absolutely, yes.", she smiled and pulled him inside. "I have an idea."

After almost an hour, she had decided  on what she was going to have imprinted on her skin for the rest of her life.

The tattooing process had lasted for two more hours, and surprisingly, Amelia did not feel any pain but a bit of uncomfortable stinging instead. Regardless, she had pretended to be in pain just so Damiano could hold her hand and carress her hair. She was completely satisfied with the final results and through the thin foil which has been wrapped around her arm, she could still see the artwork.

It was a sketch, actually an outline of silhouettes of her grandfather and grandmother holding her in their arms as a baby. Underneath, there was written "Roma" in cursive. She had admired it and absolutely loved the fact that it had such a deep meaning.

"Thank you so much.", she had thanked the man who was doing his best to make the most beautiful tattoo she could imagine.

Damiano had paid for the tattoo and they have left the parlor, holding hands and laughing. "Let me see it."

She had taken off her light spring jacket and rolled up her long sleeve. Damiano had loved the idea of her tattoo.

"It's beautiful, Amelia."

"Thank you so much, Damiano.", she had looked into his eyes and once again got lost in those depths. They had been staring at each other for a few moments until their lips had collided and they shared a passionate kiss. She had wrapped her arms around his neck and his hands were gripping her waist. There was no one around them, since the place had been a bit excluded and hidden away. It was as if their lips had been magnets and they couldn't separate from each other.

"I think I like you, Amelia Ricci.", Damiano had pulled away, barely catching his breath. "I like you a lot."

"I think I like you more, Damiano David.", and with that, their hands had intertwined and they walked out on the streets of Rotterdam, looking for a way back to the hotel.