Forever

"Damiano, I- I don't know if-", Amelia was just about to speak when she got cut off by Damiano. 

"No, it's okay. I understand, I'm sorry. Maybe I've overdone it with this question.", he explained. 

"It's just that, we've just started talking after the series of incidents and we haven't even been official yet, and marriage is just a bit too much at the moment.", she had tried to ease up the situation as much as possible, just so things would not get awkward again. 

"I understand that and I'm sorry. You're right, we haven't even made it through a normal, drama-less relationship.", then he looked her in the eyes again and gave her a flirtatious smile. 

"What, what are you looking at, Italiano?", her cheeks blushed. 

"So, does this mean that you finally want to make things official?", they have stood up and he had pulled her by the waist, which made her knees weak. "You want this amazingly sexy man to be your boyfriend?", he smiled. 

Amelia rolled her eyes jokingly. "Amazingly sexy man? Where?", she looked around, just to tease him. "I was thinking about you, but if you have another offer, sign me up." 

She was happy by the fact that a pang of jealousy and posessiveness striked him, since he had immediately pulled her even closer and bit his lower lip before saying "Not a chance, I'm not sharing. You're mine. Forever."

That word seemed so unrealistic to her, and even after all of the series of unfortunate events and mistakes between them, she had thought that she would never stand like that with him, and have him saying those words. She was happy but also felt as if she was someone else, sharing another body with a person whose name wasn't Amelia and her face, body, soul was different. 

"Is this the way that you're unquestionably asking me to be your girlfriend?"

"There is no question needed. You, Amelia Ricci, are mi amore.", he kissed her forehead.

Amelia gave him a little glare, which carried a hint that she wanted a modification to the statement. 

"Okay, okay.", he cleared his throat, and then got down on one knee, which made Amelia roll her eyes again. "Amelia Ricci, do you want to be my girlfriend since you don't wish to be my wife?"

"I thought the main order was to first ask for a relationship, and THEN possible marriage.", she giggled. "Gosh, Damiano, you are really all upside-down, but I can't resist being your girlfriend, regardless of everything." 

Damiano had happily jumped like a small kid after you give them a chocolate reward, and kissed Amelia passionately, making her insides twist from excitement. 

"Promise me that this will work out this time.", she pulled away and whispered. 

"I made the mistake of letting you go once or twice, I'm not crazy enough to do it again.", he caressed her cheek. "I told you, you're mine, and I am absolutely yours."

She leaned her forehead on his and closed her eyes, relaxing her body while in his embrace. She felt as if she had finally regained her safe space, her home, her peace, although, ironically, he had brought her the most drama. But she didn't mind it that much, because, he was there. He was there and he promised that he wouldn't leave this time. 

Night was falling and the sunset was almost over, disappearing in the sky while the dark blue color was taking over the scenery in front of them. "Do you wanna go out and meet up with Victoria, Ethan and Thomas? They would be happy to see you.", Damiano asked. 

"To be honest, I'm not in the mood tonight. I would rather just lay down with you and talk about everything during the time we were apart.", Amelia didn't feel like socializing that evening. "Although, I would love to see them, too. Tomorrow, maybe?"

"Deal, they will make time for you.", Damiano kissed her. "And now...", he had taken off the small blanket piece from the chair in the yard and spread it on the grass. 

Amelia looked at him, confused. "What are you doing?" 

Damiano laid down on the blanket and opened his arms for Amelia to lay down on his chest. She had laughed at his creativity but she found the gesture very sweet. She laid on top of him, listening to his heartbeat and feeling his chest going slowly up and down, capturing every breath. "I missed this. I missed you.", she admitted. 

Damiano smiled, while looking at the sky. "I missed you more, Principessa." 

They had laid there, in the grass, under the dark skies for hours, just talking about how unhappy they had been without each other. Two lovers had finally found their shelters, and the shelters were hidden in Rome, on that grass, under that sky. Amelia didn't feel so lost anymore, she stopped feeling as if she didn't have a home. Her home had dark eyes, a heartbeat and a smile that could enchant the whole world. 

"Maybe in some time, if you ask me again, I will say 'yes'", she said to him, gently. 

"I won't push it, baby. Don't worry.", he hugged her firmly. "We have all eternity now."

Forever.