Roma

Instagram

@vicdeangelis has tagged you in a post

vicdeangelis i miss this wonderful creature who has been there for the band the whole time during the contest

vicdeangelis i miss this wonderful creature who has been there for the band the whole time during the contest. she has a beautiful soul and deserves all the best. @amelia_ricci99

345.227 likes             16.199 comments

instauser1 wow
instauser2 gorgeous girls 😘
instauser3 where is Damiano in this pic? 😍
...
ethaneskin two pretty women 😍😍
ykaar 😭😭😭😭
ykaar I miss that smile

Amelia had stared at her screen for a bit, contemplating whether to leave a comment underneath the picture to let Vic know that she was grateful for the kind words. A thought came rushing to her head, in form of a flashback, when Damiano had taken that picture the first that they've gone out all together. He seemed like a different person to her then, much more open, naive, pure-hearted and loveable. Now she didn't know what to think. She was the naive and used one, and she had never expected it from him. Anyone, but not him. She didn't want his attention after everything, but she was used to receiving things she didn't want from him, so that morning she had also woken up with 13 missed calls and 7 messages from Damiano. In the end, when she grew tired of the pathetic excuses and 'I'm sorry' messages, she had blocked his number and unfollowed him on Instagram. She had removed herself from his followers list also.

I don't want to think about him anymore. It's over. He's gone.

***
one year later

June 2022, Rome IT

She was just getting adjusted to the sudden change of temperature and environment around her. She was still hung up on the cold Winters and gentle Summers in The Netherlands. Her heart was still there, as well as her friends and family. She was all alone in the big house just outside of the beautiful city that she had dreamed of for years. Just like in one of her dreams, she was standing outside, in the garden, barefoot and wearing a light, long red summer dress. She was drinking a glass of red wine which had tasted just as she had remembered it from before, when her grandfather would sneakily pour a bit to her just so she can enjoy the taste of her family tradition. With every gulp, it would bring a new memory to her mind, and all of them were beautiful, which had made her realize why she had loved that place so much. Nothing was the same without her grandparents anymore, but at least she had decided to move on and keep the lovely memories in her heart, cherishing them forever. It was June, already a hot Summer weather, and she had the need to run through the fields around her house, just like before, to feel the gentle wind in her hair and the heat of the sun on her pale skin. She was interrupted with her thoughts by a male voice which was approaching her from the side.

"Enjoying the sun, baby?", it was her boyfriend, Niccolo, who she had met when she had moved back to Rome.

Eight months after the incident with Damiano had happened, she had decided to make a change in her life and start all over again. Although she knew that he was from Rome, she was convinced that the place was too big for them to ever meet or cross paths again, especially since he was now a world - famous superstar and he was constantly touring all around Europe with the band.

The boy that she was dating was similar to Damiano when she was completely in love with him: kind, patient, sweet, careful and romantic. He was a lawyer and although he was constantly working, she had understanding and patience for him as well. Niccolo was tall, muscular, handsome, tan and an absolute eye candy, although he wasn't her type that much when it comes to physical appearance. She knew that every woman who had ever seen him had fallen in love at first sight, but she didn't mind it since she didn't fall in love. She liked and appreciated him, but she couldn't fall in love.

Niccolo had wrapped his arms around her and kissed her cheek, making her smile. "You look beautiful, amore."

"Grazie, Niccolo.", she had said. "You look handsome, as well."

The boy had smirked. "I can't wait to take you out on a date tonight."

They had arranged a celebratory date due to the fact that she had moved to Rome and met him, and he was completely crazy about her, although she couldn't say the same about him.

"Have you picked out a restaurant?", she asked.

"No worries, mi amore, I have the best one reserved already.", they have clinked their glasses of wine and continued enjoying the peace and the scenery.

She was convinced that everything would be fine and that she would finally find her peace.