Paramount

A/N 

Guys, I haven't been active for a few days and I am so sorry for that. I was celebrating my birthday, I am also currently moving and I am working, so this week I didn't have quite the possibility to write while working, as usual. Thank you for your understanding and also for the lovely comments. The last time I have been active, I've had 1.2K reads and now I almost fainted when I have seen 7K reads. Wow. I am extremely grateful for you guys. 

Also, I didn't have much time to respond to the comments, so I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for the kind birthday wishes and for the comments on the story.  

Love you lots. xx

-Dakota

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 2022, Roma IT

"What are we if never intertwined
Forever undefined..."

His favorite song was playing in the background, followed by the melody of his fingers gently drumming on his leg. He was staring at the distance, nothingness of the city of which he could not recognize the traces. He didn't know whether it was the fifth beer that he had drank or the pure sadness and fragility of his mental state. He was sitting on the balcony, the concrete fence which had been used as his seat instead of the chairs which had been surrounding the big, round table. His back was leaned onto the concrete wall, and he was completely alone. The sky had a mixture of colors which, when blended together, created a pure peace of art. The light pink in the distance, then the orange, yellow, light blue and then finally some red on the horizon. The city lights were gleaming and the only thing that could have been heard were the engines of cars and fading voices of the people in the city. 

He hadn't seen her since that night, and keeping his distance now that he had finally found her was the hardest quest for him, which he knew he had to do. He promised himself and her that he would let her be happy and peaceful, and they were both completely aware of the fact that his presence in her life brought nothing but trouble. He loved her with all his heart, which is why he couldn't stand to see her unhappy. 

The villa was empty, with only Damiano taking up the space on the balcony and occasionaly in the kitchen when he would have to go and grab another can of beer from the fridge, which had not been his habit before. Ever since that terrible night when he had ruined all of his chances with Amelia, Damiano had even hated the sight of alcohol, but this was one of those nights when getting wasted and ruined seemed like a perfectly good idea. 

"You and me was like a vivid dream

Why'd you wake me up?

Why'd you wake me up?"

For nights he would just lay awake and greet the dawn after talking to the moon about her. The sun had touched her skin every day, but the moon knew all of the secrets about her. Damiano would whisper her name so gently and so quietly, as if he was wishing for the gentle wind to carry his thoughts to the sky. And he had the perfect view from above the city, closer to the sky, since the villa was placed on one of the higher parts of the city, excluded from the more inhabited ones. At night, he would say good night to his friends with whom he had shared the villa and lock himself into his room, and then after all of them fall asleep, he would go to the balcony, as if he was expecting for someone to come by and enthrall the stone slabs with her tiny feet which would dance around.