Tests

"I do hope she's fine, really, I can't possibly imagine what you've gone through now."

Amelia was woken up by the sound of Niccolo talking to another person who was there in the room.

"I was petrified after Lena called and told me she's not well, I took the first flight back to Rome."

"I know."

"But I still can't get over the fact that you're here, with her. So I need to ask you to leave now. Thank you for everything, but I'll take it from here.", she recognized Damiano's voice and her eyes opened instantly.

She looked over to her right and saw the boys standing next to each other. Damiano looked tired but angry, probably at the fact that her ex-boyfriend was with her the entire time while Damiano was in another country. Niccolo was confused and hurt by his words, but still hesitant to leave.

"I'm sorry, but that's not fair! I was here with her, not you."

Amelia couldn't move at all and she felt too weak to speak so she was destined to lay in the uncomfortable hospital bed and witness the debate.

Oh no.

"What?? I was on tour when this happened, and rest assured, I would be here in a matter of seconds if someone had called me earlier and if all of the fucking flights were not delayed!", Damiano was getting to the point where he was screaming at Niccolo.

"That's the thing!", Niccolo yelled back. "You shouldn't have fucking left her in the first place! Not in this state."

Just as Damiano was about to respond, the door had opened and dr. Bianchi walked in. "Boys, boys... What's with all the noise?", she looked stern as she was approaching them with a nurse walking behind her. "Please! This is a hospital, not a playground."

Both of them just looked at each other hatefully and turned to the bed, where they could see Amelia wide awake.

"Amore.", Damiano walked up to the bed as soon as he noticed. "Are you okay?", he kissed her forehead and caressed her hair gently.

"Please give me some space, Mr. David.", the doctor moved him away from her and touched Amelia's forehead to check for any fever.

"How are you feeling, Amelia?"

The girl was struggling to speak as her mouth were dry from the previous nausea and the nurse had given her some water. She could barely take a few gulps but her throat felt better immediately. "I'm tired and annoyed with this place. I wanna go home."

"Not just yet, my dear.", the woman looked at the tests in her hands. "You're not ready to go home. Not in this state."

"What's the matter with her, doctor?", Damiano asked, concerned.

"I have her test results."

"Test for what? Pregnancy?", Damiano asked again, not even letting the woman finish.

"Amelia is not pregnant. Amelia is ill."

The dark-haired boy could see his whole life flashing in front of his eyes, and he felt as if he was about to lose center. "What do you mean, she is ill? What's wrong?"

"I will need you all to exit the room for a brief moment, please. I need to speak to the patient alone."

Although neither Damiano nor Niccolo were happy with the request, they understood that the medical team was just doing their job and they silently left the room, leaving dr. Bianchi alone with Amelia.

Just as the door closed, Amelia started sobbing and letting out the tears she was holding back.

"Amelia, did you know that this would happen?", the doctor asked the girl in a more gentle tone than the one she used before.

"I-I had no idea.", she replied through sobs. "I thought I was okay."

"Amelia, your illness came back, and I need to let you know whether you've noticed any signs."

"No... Not at all.", she was still crying her heart out. "I was fine!"

Dr. Bianchi hugged her. "You'll be fine. We have a wonderful team who will take good care of you."

"Thank you.", Amelia hugged her tighter.

"I will now go and prepare some certain medication for you. You can go and shower whenever you feel better. You're going to stay in the hospital for a while."

Amelia nodded and let go of the doctor. She wiped off her tears and laid back on the bed. "Can you let Damiano in?"

Dr. Bianchi nodded and walked out of the room. She was immediately met by Damiano.

"Doctor, can you please tell me what's going on? I am very worried and I can't stand this silence."

"Mr. David...", the woman sighed as she was about to say this. "Amelia has lupus."