- Note -

Hey guys!

Just a quick note before you start reading... I know that a lot of you have recently started reading this book and there are also lots of you who have been readers from the start, impatiently awaiting the next chapter. First of all, thank you for the wonderful comments that I read every once in a while, that can really make my day and make me feel more confident while writing. I love you, guys!

In the past six months I have found myself in a very bad place, mentally and physically, and for a moment I had given up on all of the things which were giving me pleasure and joy. I have stopped interacting with people in my personal life I have appreciated the most, and taken a break from writing, which was my source of self-help and relaxation.

I had gotten in a very toxic and manipulative relationship, which had brought me to the brink of craziness and a spiraling anxiety. I was convinced from the beginning that I have found true love and passion which would last, and a person who would support me and let me be me. But it was the complete opposite. I was not allowed to enjoy the simple things in life, I was trapped and could not get out. The worst part is, that we have been living together for almost seven months, sharing the same bed, eating from the same plate and I couldn't spend a day without his control.

This is not just a random rant, or soul-cleansing nor an excuse for not being active. This is an advice for all of the young girls out there who might get themselves (or already are) in the same or similar situation. Love is not a feeling of being trapped, lonely, stranded or invalid. Love is freedom, respect, safety and validation of another's emotions. PLEASE do not let any person in this world make you stop doing the things you love and make you change. You are you, and the person you're with needs to accept and validate the little things you enjoy. Please be careful of who you allow into your heart, family and home. Because this person almost destroyed mine.

I know it's hard to get out of a toxic trap and it seems like a labyrinth you cannot get out of. You will convince yourself that you love this person and that they will change. They will not change. A toxic person and a liar cannot be changed in any way, and you're going to end up hurting even worse if you stay. Please pick up your dignity and leave. Rather cry alone over them for a month than to have yourself crying over yourself for years.

I hope that you're all well and safe. I will hopefully resume with my writing soon.

With all of my love,
Dakota 💜