Finale

Lena: "I'll be there in maybe half an hour. Don't you dare be late!"

Amelia: "I won't, just be quick please, it's the finale tonight, I have A LOT of work to do."

Lena: "I can't believe that I'll be able to meet THE Ethan in person!"

Amelia: "You'll see, he's a real sweetheart. A little bit quiet and seems confused most of the time, but he has a pure heart, I swear."

Lena: "I mean, I am interested in his heart and soul and all that, but also, you know.. ;)"

Amelia: "I DON'T NEED DETAILS, PLEASE."

Lena: "Suit yourself :P"

It was the Eurovision finale and the Italians have made it to the end. This was the night when the final decision had been made and when the world would announce the star of the year. It was Amelia's last day working there and she felt a bit sad because of it, due to the fact that she had made a lot of new friends and enjoyed assisting the group. It was 6 A. M. and she was in a huge hurry. She had to have everything organized for the night and also pick up Lena in front of the arena, since no one from outside of the organization was allowed inside unless they've had someone who had worked there to let them in. It was a really busy day, which was easily noticeable, scattered heads and already tired bodies ran all over the halls, from costume designers to producers, IT teams and technical support. Stage directors were preparing everything for the event of the year which was being casted all across Europe. Damiano and thw group were already up and practicing their performance, trying out the costumes one last time just to be sure everything would fit for the evening. Amelia had asked them if they would mind her leaving for just a few moments to get her friend and she immediately got approval from the whole group. Damiano had kissed her on top of the head and just told her to be careful because of the fans and paparazzi who were already occupied the whole place in front of the arena.

"I'll be safe, Damiano.", Amelia had told him before leaving. "It's not me who should be worried about fans approaching me, I'm not a star."

"You are my little rockstar.", he blew her a kiss, which made her cheeks turn bright red. "Can't wait to meet your best friend."

As soon as Amelia had noticed her best friend approaching her in front of the arena, she had started jumping up and down from excitement, and soon enough the two had exchanged tight hugs and cheek kisses, as if they had not seen each other for years.

"How'd you been?", Amelia had asked her. "I missed you."

"I missed you too.", Lena smiled brightly. "It's been shitty without you, to be honest. The cafe isn't the same without you."

"I know, babe, I know.", Amelia's lips tightened. "But hey, something new is gonna come up soon. Let's go inside, the group is eager to meet you.", she had hugged her best friend and entered the arena to find the guys.

***

Since, per usual, the group had their last lunch together at the practice room, Lena had the chance to finally meet Ethan in person and spend some time with him. Luckily, his shyness had disappeared for a bit and he had managed to open up to the girl. They've talked a lot (and actually started even flirting a bit) before they actually had to continue with the preparation.

The costumes were on, interviews had been done, hair makeup were settled and the rest of the finalists had finished with their performances. It was Maneskin's turn and they were nervously waiting for the TV presenter to announce them. Amelia and Lena had been with them backstage, trying to calm them down.