Chapter 39

Gosh, I hated terrible dramas like this. She was in love with Hames? 

"Okay, so what?" I asked indifferently. 

Confusion was evident on her entire face. "So what? I'm warning you. You're married to Hames but he's mine. You should be scared of me, I'll get you out of his life." 

I chuckled, earning a confused glare from her then I chuckled again before bursting into laughter. 

"Is this a joke to you? Do I sound funny?" My laughter was clearly frustrating her. 

"It's kinda funny." I ended my laughter and rose to my feet, holding her shoulders. "Listen here, babe." I brushed her shoulders with my palms. "I don't have any interest in Hames. He forced me to marry him and I don't love him. I'd be really glad if you could help me leave this marriage by making him yours." I shrugged. Was I doing the right thing? Maybe yes? Maybe not?

"Really?" She smirked, taking my hands off her shoulders like my hands were some kind of disgusting shit. I didn't like that. 

"Yeah. Don't ever pester me about this anymore. I hate useless dramas like this and can't bear the annoyance of being involved in them. Goodnight, I'm off to bed." I waved her off and headed towards the stairs.

She laughed so hard. "That's right, leave. It was so easy dealing with you. I thought you were going to argue then things would have been so rough." She stopped laughing then there was absolute silence while I was feeling excited internally that I had found a way to get rid of Hames in my life. "Hey," she called.

I pivoted to her, lifting an eyebrow to express my lack of interest in whatever she had to say. 

"Don't you dare change your mind. If this is some kind of joke to make me less bothered about your presence, it won't work. I could be very crazy despite being the sweetest angel."

"Sweetest angel? I don't see anything so angelic or sweet about you." I admitted. "And may I know how crazy you can be?" I folded my arms across my chest. "I need to confirm something."

"Very crazy to the point of doing anything to have my Hames." Jeez, possessive and obsessive much? "I can't bear the fact that anyone else is with Hames, I've ruined his past relationships. You're so lucky to escape my craziness, else things won't have been well." She said with a smug lopsided grin.

"Your talk is boring me,"

"The fact that you're living in this house is pissing me off." She frowned. Hames was right, she was such a blabbermouth. Hadn't she ended her false threat? "Anyway, it's nice that you know your place."

"Bye." I turned around again. 

"I really wonder how he got married to a bitch like you, but it's a great thing that you know you're no match for the queen."

I had to pivot again, wearing a frown. "Excuse me?"

"Duh. You're obviously a gold digger pretending to love my Hames for his money. I won't let you have a penny from him."

"A gold digger, uh?" I nodded. "Whether or not I'm interested in Hames, I think I'd try to be the good person I am to let him know he should stay away from you." I frowned, advancing to her. "And never think so highly of yourself. You've only proven to be a worthless freak." I said sincerely.