EPILOGUE

EPILOGUE

~ 10 YEARS LATER ~

~ IMOGEN ~

"Mom, I feel like a really big boy now." Tristan said, flexing his biceps. 

I burst into laughter. "I guess you should."

"When are we going to Aunt Lila's, I miss Indy so much." 

"Didn't you see Indy last week?"

"Yes, to give her a pre-birthday gift but today is her birthday, I can't wait to give her her original birthday gift. And did you know she's now in the first grade?"

"Yes, I know that, Tristan." 

"Can you believe that? She's such a child." He shook his head while I laughed again. "When are we leaving?" 

"Very soon, after your father returns."

"Okay, I'll start getting ready. I love you, Mom." He kissed my forehead. "No, I'm not cute, I'm a man that just loves his parents." He smirked, then left the room. 

I was grinning from ear to ear at how adorable our son was. 

Today was Lila and Kade's 10th year wedding anniversary, and their daughter, Indy's 7th birthday.

Lila and Kade had tried so hard to be pregnant till after three years of their marriage before they had Indy who had been and was still the greatest joy of their lives. Lila had given birth to her on their 3rd Wedding anniversary. They were unable to have any more children while Hames and I didn't have any more children either because I insisted on not having more till he finally gave up on it. 

Amanda and Tyler had also gotten married five years ago but she was still insisting that they had no children at all because she didn't want them.

And… my smile was replaced with sadness… today also made it exactly 10 years since poor Nikita died. 

After figuring out she had driven so fast to have been with me, the guilt was on my neck for such a long time and thinking about it still caused me grief. 

Poor Nikita didn't deserve to die at all, she was having all the happiness she deserved in this world but just to be with me, and because of brake failure, she lost her life. Rob dealt with her death difficulty and remained single and depressed till four years ago when he finally gave someone a chance in his life again and got married to her, Kate.

"You look so lost in your thoughts, my sweetheart." Hames said, walking into the room and dropped his suitcase on the bed, sauntering to me.

"Hey, how are you?" I smiled, rising to my feet to give him a kiss. 

"I'm sorry for being late." He wrapped his arms around my waist while my arms went around his neck. 

"Are you ready to leave?"

"Uh … I guess I…" he trailed off, smiling. "I don't think I am."

"You don't have to think so, you just have to go. Freshen up,"

He turned me around, resting his jaw on my shoulder. "I can't ever stop loving you. It's been more than thirteen years I've loved you and my love for you has never reduced a single day, it keeps growing and it forever will." He kissed the crook of my neck. His kisses always made a shiver flow down my spine, they still felt so new and different every time. The beautiful sparks I felt in my stomach at his touch, they were still present every time he touched me.