Chapter 42

"Imogen," someone continuously tapped me but I was too involved in my sleep to wake up yet so I snuggled closer to my hard pillow, wrapping my arms around it. 

"Jeez…" he groaned. Wait, that was Hames and his groan vibrated in my ear, but I still wasn't ready to wake up completely. 

I was gently pushed from the pillow but surprisingly didn't fall. My eyes snapped open and was welcomed by the sight of Hames (he was the hard pillow), my arms were still around him and we were surrounded by a few other people which included Faith, my personal maid. I realized we were still in the plane. 

"The plane has landed." Hames said, looking tired. 

"Oh," I quickly untangled myself from him and jerked to my feet, brushing a few strands of my hair away from my face. 

Hames rose to his feet and laughed at me. 

"What's so funny?" I wondered. 

"Come here," I glanced around before moving closer to him. He touched my hair and probably fixed it. "It's better now." He pecked me.

I stepped back and forced a smile at him. "Let's leave." 

With his hand on the small of my back, we left the plane and went to his car. 

He opened the door for me and got in after me. I didn't know why I was feeling like someone was going to be taking photos of us like in Australia. 

"Bienvenue à Paris." I read that from an electronic board. "Hmm… I guess that means welcome to Paris or something." I shrugged and Hames chuckled. 

He rested his head on my shoulder. "Till we arrive at our hotel, please give me a head massage. I couldn't sleep properly because I was watching you while you slept."

"I didn't ask you to." Nevertheless, I started massaging his head but it wasn't comfortable for me so I pulled his head to my lap. 

"I couldn't help it. I had enough chances to kiss you multiple times without you pushing me away and I definitely took a lot of photos of you while you slept. So cute!"

I shook my head with a small smile. This dude was so unbelievable. 

He jerked to sit up straight, widening his eyes and held my hands, glancing around confusedly. 

"Is anything wrong?"

"Gosh, we're almost there." 

"So?" 

"Our new car should've arrived." He seemed to be breathing faster. "Oh wait, it wouldn't have."

"I didn't know you were buying yourself a new car."

"Our new car." 

"So you're worried over a new car?"

"Nah. I just have thought about it but this… uh… it should be a surprise planned for you but I'm really worried. What if you don't like it? What if you don't appreciate my effort?"