Chapter 47

I quickly let go of his hands, glancing everywhere else except him. My heart began to throb fast. This time, it wasn't due to Hames kissing me or touching me but because I felt my ears were playing tricks on me.

"Uh... Er..." how could I be so stupid to accept such a promise that easily? I should've known I couldn't trust Hames with something like this. Making a promise to him?

I finally gained the courage to lock my eyes with his, catching his gaze of amusement.

"Are you really sweating over this? The Air conditioner is on," he touched my forehead with two of his fingers, shaking his head.

"Hames, this- I can't-your request..." I really didn't know what to say. Why was he always giving me a reason to be scared of being close to him?

He chuckled, curled an arm around my waist, pulled me closer to him and planted a kiss on my forehead. "You seem to lack understanding of what at least means," he chuckled. "There's no need to stress yourself over it. It's just been a big happiness for me. I love children so much and would be the happiest man in the world to be a father. And when they are from you, my life would never experience sadness. I can give my life for children, and for you, Mon chéri. (my sweetheart)."

"Though it's in the contract, I love you genuinely and would wait till you're ready. If you don't want to bear children to keep your body in shape or whatever, we can always hire a surrogate to carry our baby."

I smiled in relief, hugging him. "You're such a sweetheart. Thank you."

He chuckled, returning the hug. "You should've seen your facial expression. You looked like you were about to let the ground swallow you." He laughed. "Anyway, you'll still have to grant me my requests as promised someday because I'm so scared of losing you."

I pulled away from the hug, frowning. "Losing me? I'm not dying."

"I didn't say you are." He frowned too. "Losing you by you leaving me for someone else, it scares me."

"You're so clueless." I laughed, wrapping my arms around his neck. "No one's stealing me."

Little did this husband of mine know I had never been loved and was never going to be loved romantically by anyone except him. Every other man was either interested in how hot I was and wishing to have just one night with me. Hames, who married me, definitely loves me and there was no way I could let those disgusting men steal me from him.

Why did that sound weird in my head?

"Do you know how much I love your touch? Everything about you is so perfect."

"Really?" I smirked, trailing my hands along his shoulders and gently rubbed his bare chest.

"Gosh, that feeling."

~ HAMES ~

Jeez, this woman could be so annoying sometimes. Why was she trying to frustrate my body?

She was caressing my chest. Didn't she know what effect this was causing to me?

"This is so weird." She chuckled, returned to wrapping her arms around my neck, standing on her tippy toes to kiss my cheek.

I wanted to return her kiss, pouring out all the passion in me but I knew it was going to lead to something else and I didn't want to do anything that could scare her away. She was finally warming up to me, I wasn't going to ruin that.

"Hames Hendrix loves children, unbelievable." She laughed. That was exactly what Mom had said after I had told her.

"What's so unbelievable about it?" I asked, once again distracted by her body and unable to keep my eyes from it. She wore revealing clothes too, was this an intentional act to frustrate my poor brain and body?

"It doesn't suit you at all, you seem like you'll be so cold towards them or call them devils and stuff." She slowly nibbled on her lower lip, making my heart skip a beat.

"Imogen, this isn't funny at all. Are you trying to flirt with me? Or intentionally frustrating me?"

"Uh? Flirt with you?" She chuckled nervously. "I only want to make a request. Promise me you'll grant me three requests." She sat on the bed, crossing one of her legs over the other.

Did this woman know how hard I was trying to control myself with these gestures of hers?

"My eyes are here." She snapped, drawing me out of my trance.

"Oh, yeah... your request? I'll do anything you ask of me, I promise, you just have to say your wish and it's my command."

She grinned, "thank you!"

"So what are your requests?" I was curious to know.

She smirked. "I'll save them for later." She stretched her arms.

I was confused at first but understood what she wanted, stepped in and arched my back to hug her, placing a kiss on the crook of her neck. I figured out she loved that as much as I did.

"What's our next honeymoon activity?"

"Let's go out in matching outfits, we should let the world know the best couple is here! We can watch a movie, or ride a horse, or swim, or anything you'd like."

"Matching outfits sounds cool, so I'm in!"

"Great, we'd go to a fancy restaurant to eat after whatever activity you choose, but right after I take a cold shower."

"Cold shower?" She drew her eyes suspiciously, scanning me from head to toe.

I quickly left for the bathroom before she asked any questions.

After doing my business in the bathroom, I returned to the room with only a towel around my body and it made me chuckle at how Inogen was pissed off to see Lucie in a towel. She kicked her out without a second thought to give her her clothes, then I had to pay Lucie double since Imogen hit her.

"Hames, is this..." she trailed off, scrutinizing my body.

"My face is here," I smirked.

"I definitely know that. What do you expect me to do when you casually stroll out of the bathroom in nothing but a towel?

"So it interests you? Should I show you what's underneath it?" I held the towel and she gasped, shaking her head excessively.

"I'll be with Faith, I have something to let her know." She quickly picked her phone and dashed out of the room.

I couldn't stop myself from laughing, got rid of the towel to get dressed for our matching outfits walk.

After wearing the black shorts with grey shirt that had 'HERS, SHE'S MINE' on it (hers had 'HIS, HE'S MINE' on it), with a matching pair of white sneakers.

I brushed my hair and the door was kicked open.

I noticed Imogen walk in, through the dressing mirror, and she advanced to me.

"Nice outfit," she commented, "but I accidentally took your phone instead of mine and I think you have a new message from someone, I'm not certain."

My eyes widened at the mention of a new message. I pivoted and quickly snatched the phone from her, shoving it into my shorts pockets.

I twittered. "S-silly, taking... my... phone."

She looked skeptical but shrugged and walked away.

I sighed in relief, not loud enough for her to hear me, and read the message.

Thank goodness she didn't read the message else this honeymoon would've been ruined completely. We had to return home as soon as possible.