one

1959 

Corinne blinked in shock as she felt rain pouring on her head, it didn't seem to be bad when she first got outside. It was dark, she sighed, "Stupid rain," she looked around the empty field and shook her head in disbelief it would take her at least hours before she could be back home, or it wasn't her home anymore. The grass was wet against her bare feet as she ran quickly through the trees. Thunder crashed in the sky and even more rain poured. Corinne's hair was damp and her clothes were all soaked, she closed her eyes as she ran through the field. 

She felt tears streaming down her face, what had she done? What would her parent- her parents were dead. Her mom, her stepdad, her brother, all of them gone because of her, her accident. The fire, everything, but it was an accident. Corinne shook her head and quickly reached a road. How long has she been running? "I'm so sorry," she whispered as she saw lightning flash, she felt the rain pour even harder, Corinne cried and quickly walked in front of the road. Someone would be here right?

Suddenly there was a loud siren-like noise and Corinne yelled out in pain. Sorry, I didn't mean to do that. Corinne blinked and looked around confused, who was talking? She looked around and saw a car heading towards her. Corinne blinked and froze in place before running to the side, she looked around confused as the car door opened and a man walked out with an umbrella. "You're not alone Corinne," the man said, Corinne stared at him confused and took a step back as he approached her. "Don't worry, I'm like you," he said, Corinne shook her head in disbelief. 

A mutant? "My name is Charles Xavier," the man said, Corinne could barely make out what he looked like with all the rain. He then hovered the umbrella over her, Corinne shivered, "I'm-uh Corinne Dane," she whispered nervously. Charles nodded and she stared at him curiously, he had brown hair and his eyes were a greenish-blue color. Corinne then looked away before feeling her hands shake. "I won't hurt you, but I can give you a home," Charles said, "Would you like to come with me?" he asked. 

Corinne stared back at the trees and nodded slowly before sitting in the passenger's seat, "Lucky I found you," Charles muttered, Corinne looked out the window and nodded. "Are you hungry?" he asked curiously. Corinne blinked and stared at him confused before looking away, "No, I'm fine," she whispered, her voice breaking. She then felt a tap and Charles handed her half a sandwich. "I can read your mind you know?" Charles said, "You're starving,"

She grabbed the sandwich and held onto it for awhile before opening the wrap and taking a bite. Corinne ate it quickly and fidget around nervously, it was cold, she was freezing, for the whole ride back, she didn't say a word. She watched the rain pouring loudly and the thunder crashing, it was horrible. Corinne closed her eyes and leaned against the side before suddenly falling asleep. 

--

"Wake up!" a voice said, Corinne blinked and realized they reached a house- well- mansion. She looked at Charles who got out of the car and she followed him into the mansion. "What is this place?" she asked curiously. Charles stared at her and grinned before opening the door and leading her inside. Corinne looked around in awe, "Wow," she said before seeing an older girl, older than she was at least. The girl had blonde hair and was beautiful, Corinne blinked and looked away flushed. 

Charles laughed before walking towards the girl, "This is Raven, Raven, this is Corinne, another mutant" he said as he introduced the two to each other. Corinne shook Raven's hand and nodded, Raven then shapeshifted into this blue creature like thing- Corinne's eyes widened with shock, she stared at Raven surprised. "You're a shapeshifter?" Corinne asked curiously before Raven shapeshifted into Corinne. Corinne stared at Raven impressed before looking around, "Is it- can I show my?" she started. 

Raven nodded quickly, Corinne looked at Charles who nodded, she sighed and looked around before raising her arm, she stared at the bookshelf behind Raven and quickly brought books in the air. Raven stared at her surprised, Corinne then closed her palms making the books burst into small pieces causing a small explosion sound. "Sorry," she muttered before looking away from Charles and Raven. Raven was staring at her surprised, "That was awesome," she said excitedly. 

"How old are you?" Charles asked curiously, Corinne looked at Charles and blinked before he nodded and sighed, "She's 15," he said before looking at Raven who stared at her surprised. Raven nodded, "Come on, let me show you where you're staying," she said with a smile. Corinne followed Raven into this huge room and it was all clean and fancy-like. "You can stay here for now and if you decide you want to stay with us, it'll be your very own bedroom," she grinned. "It'd be nice to have another friend though," Raven hinted. 

Corinne nodded, "Let me get some clothes for you," Raven said before leaving the room, she smiled and left. Corinne sat down and waited patiently before reaching for her pocket, she took out a necklace that her biological father had given her before he passed. It was a small heart and it was given to her one year before he died. Before he was murdered. She put the necklace on before standing up and looking around the room. 

"Hey," Raven said as she walked inside, Corinne turned around and she gave her a whole box of clothes. Corinne smiled and nodded before walking towards her, "You lost your family huh?" Raven muttered as she took some clothes out and folded them, "I'm sorry, I know how it feels to grow up alone," she whispered, "Here you'll never have to feel alone though, Charles- he's a great person, he can take care of you," Raven looked at Corinne and Corinne nodded, she smiled and patted Corinne's shoulder lightly. "Think about it okay?" she said softly. Corinne nodded and stared at the ground thoughtfully. Maybe this could be her new home.